Chat

As others have mentioned, when the markets are down, fewer people want to talk about their investments - who likes talking about how much they have lost (on paper)?

When itā€™s a bull market, everyone is happy and wants to share and the forum is a little busier. Of course thatā€™s not to say we donā€™t miss the likes of Neil and others.

Anyway, markets are on the up, my portfolio is now back to where it was at the end of Dec 2021, so itā€™s recouped some, if you ignore what I put in all over 2022! :laughing: :sob:

4 Likes

As many as we can, yes!

Let us know what youā€™d like to hear from us on the forum.

Weā€™re planning to share news on some new features later today :wink:

9 Likes

New features :fire:

2 Likes

They commented to say there was nothing to update us in relation to a sale, that is completely different.

Pretty clear they say ā€œThey CANT discuss this further at the momentā€ If nothing is going on then they can easily say ā€œNo nothing is happeningā€.

Dont think freetrade sellinv up would be such a bad thing for people which arnt happy with how it it tbf

When is this due

Sorry guys, all my fault! Looks like it all started going pear shape when i joined !

2 Likes

Trading 212 have a free isa.

My Freetrade ISA is free with my SIPP.

I donā€™t think Trading212 provide SIPPs?

1 Like

In talking about just the isa subscription,not plus.

And greater stock universe, but my god, the chat area there is absolute dire.
So much attempted pump and dump, trolls, and weirdly referral codes which would be pointless as the people seeing the posts would already have account with them

Dont need an acvount with them to have chat

My point was about why freetrade may have lost lots of activity in this chat,i believe a lot of ISA members jumped to 212 as soon as they raised ISA to 60 pounds a year,why wouldnā€™t they ?and you can just not bother to much with the feed,but i know exactly what your talking about :rofl:

Thereā€™s no evidence to suggest that all those ISA members who jumped ship were contributors to this forum.

However, it is a fact that only a tiny tiny minority of people with Freetrade accounts post on this forum.

2 Likes

I would say it is more about lack of engagement. It used to get lots from above and that then made people like me or @bitflip or @NeilB and many others then do various threads that were engaging. This created a community and now is more a noticeboard. Very good still and informative but less fun. @NeilB then took it to new levels.

I think most are still around but the format of most posts nowadays doesnā€™t invite responses as much.

6 Likes

Lol itā€™s called portfolios downā€¦

Not all of them, but Iā€™d hazard a guess and say it was a pretty substantial amount,hence the forum since the price changes has gone right downhill, tbh i dont know how they can still even call it freetrade.

Because itā€™s still free to trade?

6 Likes

This! Anyone can trade for free, there are plenty of stocks that can be traded for free however much anyone may spam the forum with inaccurate complaints to the contrary!

Unless of course certain people wish to have something for nothing on the back of those who actually do contribute, in which case they quite rightly donā€™t get as much range as those on whose backs they are riding while the latter actually keep FreeTrade solvent!

6 Likes