šŸŽ„ Christmas Wishlist 2020 šŸŽ„

I didnā€™t get the TWRR either but uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it was there :relaxed: same for MWRR

I like the TWRR but mine has been a bit ruined by initial Ā£5 I invested (badly) early doors :cry:

Screenshot_20201020-222801_Freetrade

Given its weightedā€¦ you canā€™t have invested much more than Ā£5 since?

TWRR (in the graph shown above) removes all deposits I think. So if they deposited Ā£5 and it dropped 90%, then deposited Ā£500 and it since grew 10%, youā€™d still only see the graph move upwards slightly.

Iā€™ve added quite a bit more since, thereā€™s more to the graph but that first couple months was poor looking at time weighted, even though it hasnā€™t affected money return much cos I didnā€™t have a lot invested

I guess thatā€™s why itā€™s useful to use both insights

The fundamentals update is great progress, all it needs now is fixing when you slide on the chart that it doesnā€™t lag, also the descriptions of the stocks isnt professional like ā€œchinese teslaā€, it kinda stops me from taking this seriously. Some ideas for plus are providing a debit card abit like robinhood in the US, auto invest, exclusive articles about news of stocks, no fx fees and maybe lower the price to 5.99 to make it more compelling as your competition does some of the features for free like isaā€™s and stop losses

4 Likes

I still donā€™t have any of the new updates either :frowning:

Any ideas when this will roll out to all users?

Hey @jamz, welcome to the forum, and thanks for the feedback and ideas!

We will always continue to improve charts and data, so watch this space.

In terms of the stock descriptions. We take everything at Freetrade extremely seriously, which is why weā€™re FCA regulated, FSCS protected and a member of the LSE. Many of the team, including myself, have been studying for financial exams, too, to increase our understanding of the sector.

However, we donā€™t think investing should be boring ā€” because as Iā€™m sure youā€™ll agree, itā€™s actually super interesting.

Thatā€™s why youā€™ll see some fun stock descriptions such as the one you mention. For NIO, yes, we could have put ā€˜electric carsā€™ but we think ā€˜Chinese Teslaā€™ is a more interesting way to describe the company, especially as many people may be discovering the stock for the first time on the app.

Keep sharing your feedback, and hope youā€™re enjoying your app!

22 Likes

Awesome to hear that you (and the team) are willing to study financial exams to increase knowledge :rocket::fire::woman_student::man_student:

Loving the updates so far

5 Likes

Personally, I like the fun stock descriptions. It would be boring if I had to scroll through 50 different things in one sector that all have the same descriptions. So things like Hipster eBay are fun to see.

17 Likes

Some people are just not very fun to be around at partiesā€¦

Always good to see people suggesting dropping the price. I just picture the FT team going ā€œgosh, thatā€™s innovative, fresh and a brand new take on the problem, why didnā€™t we think of that?ā€

1 Like

This a thousand times over. As someone who regularly trawls through hundreds of stocks in search of ideas, itā€™s crazy how mundane and uninformative the descriptions can be. Sometimes iā€™ll miss a great company because the description is mumbo jumbo/jargon - i.e. wasnā€™t informative or to the point (ā€˜wait, X company make/own Y product? I use it all the time! iā€™d have looked at the stock more when i first saw it Z months ago if only the description had said soā€™) .

My point being that the freetrade descriptions arenā€™t *just playful, but are informative and to the point.

e.g. From Yahoo Finance: "Lions Gate Entertainment Corp is a filmed entertainment studio with a presence in motion pictures, television programming, home entertainment, and digitally delivered content. "

From Freetrade: ā€œThe Hunger Gamesā€

Similarly, Yahoo Financeā€™s Berkshire Hathaway description doesnā€™t include the words ā€˜Warren Buffettā€™.

In a fraction as many words, FT communicated to me that Lions Gate is an entertainment/motion picture company, in a manner (pop culture reference) most can relate to - thatā€™s all I need to know to kick things off really, and the deep dive research can start from there.

15 Likes

Interestingly LGFA just says ā€œentertainmentā€ and both have different about sections :man_shrugging:

Iā€™ve just seen the new MWRR and TWRR graphs, and came here to say thanks so much for both. This is what Iā€™ve wanted to see since investing in freetrade.

IMO something like the time weighted graph set to 5 years at least should be what we see on the home page of the app, it would be far more informative and also encourage us to invest for the long term. After regularly investing for about a year my home page graph just isnā€™t very useful and I think with time itā€™ll just be up and to the right, which is pleasing but misleading.

Great work and thanks for this feature - I personally think both these graphs will deserve far more prominence in the app over time.

23 Likes

Just got the TWRR on my app, if you uninstall and reinstall the app it seems to add it then thatā€™s what I did.

Really love the feature especially with the benchmark itā€™s exactly what Iā€™ve been waiting for. I agree with the post above me though, I feel like the TWRR graph should be the most prominent graph and maybe put onto the portfolio page or if we could be given the option of which to see on the portfolio page would be nice.

Either way really happy with the feature and Iā€™m sure youā€™re not done with graphs and insights so Iā€™ll expect future developments to come through in this area.

4 Likes

I actually discovered Nio because it was described as the Chinese tesla. If it wasnā€™t for that I wouldnā€™t be 200% up on my investment :wink:

6 Likes

Can you perhaps add pre market prices for stocks, please? :thinking::cry::innocent:

You mean out of hours trading?

I hope we are talking about the same thing. Some platforms display how a share price will open when trading begins.

1 Like