Churchill Capital Corp IV (CCIV)

They only got screwed if they followed the hype, I was in at 22 and said I wouldn’t buy more until a deal was announced as usually the price drops in most SPACS.

1 Like

Rule 1 with Speculation
Buy the Rumour Sell the news

1 Like

I’m staying in this one for as long as possible and buying low when/if I get the chance.

1 Like

What do people think about the valuation? At close yesterday it was an implied $91bn which I just think is ridiculous. Even in premarket it’s $56bn. I like Lucid and think they’re going to do well but what upside is there from here? They haven’t sold a single car yet and just provide tech to Formula E? Can’t see their energy storage being cost competitive in future either so their overall TAM is quite small.

Stocks only go up? :joy:

Personally, I’m not invested in CCIV but have a large stake in another SPAC and although this correction is a tad brutal, it does seems like the market needed to let off some steam as these valuations were getting silly.

1 Like

I guess this CCIV saga deserves to be made a feature film :joy:

1 Like

so can i ask a silly question, with the merger being valued at $15 a share… does that mean that anyone who bought in at $40 will simply lose that cash overnight.

just contemplating… i’m in at $28

1 Like

Personally I wanted to buy CCIV because I wanted Lucid, either way I was staying for the long term. I bought at 22 and I’m riding the wave. If you don’t believe in Lucid then sell but if you do then in the long term you’ll make some money with that investment!

1 Like

everything i know of them they could be the maybach of the EV market…

EDIT: just read that the $15 share price is what PIPE bought in at… am i right in thinking that doesn’t neccessarily mean that will be the shareprice on IPO day… as then PIPE wouldn’t actually be making any money?

Yes that $15 doesn’t mean a lot, the share price will find the value (or market value) of Lucid when it merges which could be any number :joy:. I just sold half at 33 which was still a profit, letting the rest do what it wants now.

I like what someone said on here about losses being tuition fees, I’ve learnt several lessons this week :joy:.

2 Likes

yeah i took a little profit, may look to buy in if it drops in to the mid 20’s.

EDIT: maybe i shouldn’t have sold…

I had no idea the CEO of Lucid was British, just watched a interview with him, threw me off a bit. I knew he previously worked at Tesla, just assumed he was American…

2 Likes

I know brilliant isn’t it. Worked for both Jag and Lotus!

Lucid are also a big part of Formula E motor racing. We all know that Brit engineers dominate Formula 1 and Formula E. I wouldn’t normally hold these spacs long after mergers, but I’m going to hold this for a few years, see how it plays out.

1 Like

So what are your thoughts on how low CCIV will go before the long drive up? Just under 30 as it stands, I bought a meagre amount at 40 but interested in getting much more for the long run!

My final stoploss was $30, I never thought it would hit that. I mean 15 was the pipe price so I guess that’s the floor?

I’m currently buying a few shares everything it drops by 4/5%, I believe in the company so the cheaper it get right now the better. I’m holding this for years I think!

2 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-02-23/lucid-and-cciv-provide-an-unflattering-look-under-the-spac-hood

the thing that stood out in Lucid’s financial disclosures was the level of projected cash burn: It expects to consume almost $10 billion of cash in four years. That far exceeds the $4.4 billion Lucid will receive from the SPAC and a concurrent PIPE financing

1 Like
1 Like