CIIG Merger Corp. (CIIC) - Arrival - Share Chat

I have been aware of Arrival for about a year now. They are quite secretive, or at least were. Their main idea is the electric skateboard that you can bolt on anything you want from delivery vans to people carriers I presume.

Interesting to note that CANOO is proposing exactly the same idea (as far as I understand), is merging with a SPAC and plans to start deliveries roughly the same time as Arrival.

With Hyliion, Workhorse also in the market for electric vans is there any space left??? Tesla can easily introduce an electric van and Nissan already produces quite good range of electric vans too.

2 Likes

Their main idea is the microfactory… this is critical to them being cost competitive with non EV vehicles. They also use composite materials to reduce weight and improve performance and durability. Most other EV SPAC listings have vehicles that look the same as each other, Arrival’s definitely don’t. When I first saw their buses & vans it reminded me of when I first saw an iPhone. In my opinion they will be almost untouchable if they execute their growth plans.

This looks interesting - the subscription model especially. I wonder if FT could hook us up with HCAC ahead of the merger

1 Like

I got some on T212 but selling on Monday and reinvesting using my ISA on Freetrade, thank you for adding this!

I think Arrival are very exciting, would love to know more about the microfactory model though, that’s quite different to usual superfactory/gigafactory set up.

It could have been onboarded one day faster to be fair. The company was aware and there was plenty of demand. As a Freetrade user and investor I wish they would become slightly more agile, but I realise they are probably doing their best behind the scenes.

1 Like

I believe faster ipo on boarding is on the Christmas list

1 Like

Up 36%… do they make EVs or rockets?! :rocket:

2 Likes

Watched this over the weekend, quite cool to see inside the development facility :zap:

6 Likes

Hi James, working on it for sure.

As Eden mentions, we’ll have a smoother and faster experience in place very shortly.

2 Likes

Up 30% intraday

2 Likes

Some serious FOMO going on :smiley:

2 Likes

Absolutely rallying but still nowhere near my target. Arrival is quite unique compared to its EV peers.

1 Like
2 Likes

What is your target out of interest?
I got in on Friday and originally in purely for the EV meme potential :joy: but going to research more tonight.

well the company forecast $3.243 billion EBITDA by 2024 but investors can make their own minds up. I won’t say my own price target here, suffice to say that i believe there to be more than 100% upside here still. How many days, weeks, months or years that will take to reach is an entirely different matter.

1 Like

up another 9% after hours. I personally think $5.4bn was very conservatively priced.

I actually sold up today and moved into THCB to reduce risk. I figured one meme stock at a time was enough and that this PowerPoint is getting quite pricey already.

That said I could easily see it making another 100% by the power of FOMO alone, I just don’t trust myself to time it.

1 Like

“All existing shareholders and investors will continue to hold their equity ownership, including, Hyundai Motor Company, Kia Motors Company, Winter Capital, UPS and funds and accounts managed by BlackRock.”

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/11/18/2129439/0/en/Arrival-the-company-creating-electric-vehicles-with-its-game-changing-technologies-to-list-on-NASDAQ-through-merger-with-CIIG-Merger-Corp.html?fbclid=IwAR2ljTCcVemfCiU73yD2pkADqWWrOHbT6Z3iJNAvtNm3Zm7vOathyd6XakA

This is good or am I reading this wrong?

Surely if those major players want to stay invested it reflects well on the company’s growth prospects.

2 Likes

If Arrival doesn’t fail miserably on execution I can easily see it being a $100 stock