Cineworld - CINE - Share Chat

Yeah I honestly don’t know where FT get their data feeds from but a lot of (especially free) financial data is inaccurate.

@Submarinex1 Now that is interesting Mark because it suggests there is a bug somewhere in the code.

Worst thing about this issue is there’s no way of knowing other than cross referencing with reputable sources like Bloomberg, FT.

1 Like

1 Like

Mine says 0.57 too

Showing 0.55 for me

That said PE ratio should be NA/0/negative if the company has not made a profit if showing PE for TTM.
Free trade may also be using a projected earnings per share on the denominator.
Would be interesting to know where these figures come from and remove these assumptions.

Mine is now same as yours

At a guess Freetrade is dividing the current share price by the last reported EPS. As CINE has been fluctuating a bit recently, that would show up in the PE if it’s calculated this way.

Tempting to buy a few more in this dip

It seems more like a cliff than a dip at the moment… :cry:

2 Likes

I’m holding until I can get my money back then I’m gone. 20% + loss so far

4 Likes

Sinking :weary:

1 Like

Hi J
Let’s assume you had invested, for instance,£100 in the shares and they had fallen to £80 (your 20%).
I have been advised in the past that you should now accept your investment as £80 and not hang on to the assumption that they should be worth £100. This is a classic mistake of many who gamble or invest.
I am also assuming you have only invested what you are prepared to lose.
In this situation, you should be asking whether you would like to continue investing £80 in the company, rather than assuming your investment will reach £100 again.
I am coming from the angle of someone who has also lost over 20% on these shares. I have decided to keep the shares on the basis that I am prepared for a further loss, but I am hoping the long term gain could prove positive.

11 Likes

Great way to look at it that way
I’m holding on long term as I started buying round about when they announced cinemas was reopening then been buying a few here and there as can see myself buy more during this dip/dive

Cineworld has seen its stock market value drop 25% in the past seven trading sessions.

I bought 10 days ago just as it looked like the price was rallying…boom 30% drop like a stone there after :grin:
Impeccable timing.
I’ll hold as the only way the price won’t recover is if they go bust… Not tempting fate :grin:

1 Like

If it’s any consolation, I’ve been buying CINE for a few months and I’m 26% down overall.

It is being heavily shorted at the moment though, but personally as long as it doesn’t completely destroy the business - i.e. by being unable to raise capital because the share price is so low, I think they should recover.

Of course if they do need to give equity to raise capital to pay off debts, our shares could also end up so diluted that they’re effectively worthless anyway.

For me, I’m going to do another buy in at 55p and again at 50p if it gets that low, and then just hold and try to wait it out. It did get down to below 30p back in October, so it doesn’t seem worth worrying just yet, just remember than pre-pandemic it was over 200p per share.

3 Likes

Be intresting to see how busy gets after 19th. One near me tends to be busy.

1 Like

I think most of their business is in N America!?
As said above, they’re being shorted massively, there’s a game being played. And as also has been said, as long as it doesn’t ruin the business then there should be a decent recovery eventually.
These huge investors that short, couldn’t care less if they ruin adecent business though, as long as they win in the end.

2 Likes

Theatres have lost much of their control of movie content creators with the rise of streaming. There will be huge throngs of people no longer wanting to go to the cinema, myself included. Its a dying industry!

2 Likes

But wasnt 3bn in debt then was it? You can add some more on to that I reckon I’m finding it easier to get films and see adverts for new Disney films on Disney+ 2 main Street summer straight away so I think it’ll get the 30p soon and only one way :arrow_down_small::arrow_double_down:

I didn’t go as much as used to before covid just general cost by time film,Icecream,drink popcorn since I’m greedy. But for alot films i like they are still better on big screen. So don’t think cinemas are finished. Films like James Bond,Top gun still to show.

1 Like