Cineworld - CINE - Share Chat

??
Not sure how that helps?

Tell that to someone who bought in at 0.6 a few days ago! Or to someone who bought in at 0.25 a year ago.
Different people are having different experiences depending on their attitude to risk and long term investing

Fair play, maybe it pays for your previous losses. :+1: I like to invest in med-long term so being lucky on timing for this stock would be just luck.

Most stocks bought at peak pandemic had similar rises so again I would have preferred a different option.

2 Likes

Information informs decisions. You’re proximity to a bus informs your risk of being hit by one.

Cineworlds market headwinds combined with $8bn+ in debt means the future of the company looks bleak. Corporate graveyards are full of indebted companies who couldn’t or didn’t adjust to a changing market.

2 Likes

Ok. I still don’t like the analogy, but if you stay in your house and never take the bus, you won’t arrive anywhere and you may just waist away anyway.
Again, only invest what you can afford to lose and spread the risk. (Or vary the bus journeys if you like :grinning:)

Understand analogies

:thinking: I think I just did :blush:

It’s looking like I would of been better levelling down rather than selling up tho. Oh well. On to the next money losing opportunity for me ha

2 Likes

Waste not waist :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl::+1:t2:

I’d be happy if it got anywhere near £1.04 tbh and just take it back :rofl: I didn’t see 80p anytime soon so I could be pleasantly surprised :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Bond is breaking records.

2 Likes

Yep, I went on Thursday and it was the most packed I’ve seen a cinema in years (long before the pandemic). I think shorts are going to get a little squeezed on this one, totally underestimated recovery play.

1 Like

And what cinema :movie_camera: did you go? :thinking:

Odeon Trafford Centre. Don’t usually go there tbf but it’s hardly the provincial theatre and obviously they had 3 viewings an hour. My folks went to a screening in another part of town on Sunday and said there were no free seats. I think that puts to rest the “cinema is dead” thesis for me.

You’ve just answer your own question!! Cinema may not be dead for big blockbusters

Bit you didn’t go Cineworld so they not exactly going to get debt down especially if like odeon are doing 3 screens an hour?

Will be interesting to see Cineworld results in next 6 months with few more big films
But don’t hold your breath :lungs::lungs::lungs::flushed:

2 Likes

Could be a long road to recovery if it even happens.Bond has broken the record in Britain Post covid already which is good but that’s just one film.Can the other films follow suit with the challenges that lie ahead.

2 Likes

Tbh it’s broken because there hasn’t been many Films out since march 2020 and it’s bond every bond will break records as it’s it own franchise

And every bond get better and better and maybe cause daniel Craig is the final one :thinking:

2 Likes

If we’re valuing business on anecdotal evidence then I’m going to see bond tomorrow night, I’m not a bond fan but it’s a rare evening out as my toddler is with her grandma for a sleep over.

If we’re not then predicting the future of a business based on one tent pole event would be the same as valuing a fire works business on October revenues or a Rose grower on pre Valentine’s Day takings. Both of these business operate 12 months of the year but extrapolating from their peak periods would be foolish.

1 Like

Not sure about Cineworlds future business but the upcoming slate looks like the strongest in years on paper

Dune
Ghostbusters
Matrix
Jurassic Word
Batman
Spiderman
Top Gun
Mission Impossible
West Side Story
Black Panther
Fantastic Beasts

And those are just the blockbuster/franchise releases. Should be plenty of money coming in over the next 18 months to reduce debt.

3 Likes

It’s funny because every single one of these films has already been done before :smiley:

5 Likes