Cineworld - CINE - Share Chat

Thank you Pete! I’ll take this onboard.
I did some research on the stocks I already own and so far so good, the time spent researching was a worthwhile investment :blush:

I’m looking for long and short term. I already have a couple of EFTs

I need to calm down a bit too… I’m a little bit addicted :crazy_face::sunglasses:

3 Likes

:flushed::flushed::exploding_head: that is a damning statistic

I took the risk and bought in around 58p a few months back. Maybe 5% of my portfolio.

It’s high risk but potentially looking at 3x within a short space of time.

1 Like

How do you figure out liabilities per share?
Total debt divided by total shares? or
Total debt divided by total outstanding shares?

For my own reference.

Could you explain this further? I’m not 100% on what leverage means in this context :raised_hands:

Class, thank you. So am I right in saying that essentially borrowed cash used effectively would boost the ROI and income per share, but increases the risk of default if used ineffectively or if cash flow drys up.

Thank you so much - beautifully explained! :slight_smile:

1 Like

what makes good cases for investing in this stock?

Game over for Cineworld? Huge amounts of debt, likely no government help, no revenue for rest of the year…

3 Likes

The only solution I see is a rights issue and dilution for its shareholders.
I guess the issue is that there is no guarantee that the market will buy its shares…

1 Like

I can’t see much of an appetite for that either.

I had a small investment in Cineworld because I thought it was very oversold and it would bounce back to at least the £1.20 level. I knew it was a bad business with huge debt but I took the gamble I could make a quick return.

Lesson learnt(or more reinforced), don’t buy a bad business just because it’s cheap.

Luckily it won’t be a very expensive lesson for me. I feel bad for those who held this stock before COVID-19…

3 Likes

Stock value halved from 40 to 20 this morning…
But looks like some are seeing this as an opportunity to buy - braver than me for sure.

1 Like

Pump and dump? It was swinging from 16p to 28p at one point…

1 Like

Am thinking of selling all or most of my Cineworld shares now that they are back in the green. I just think my money could be put to better use elsewhere and now this:

Only a matter of time before this is rolled out in the UK too and other film companies follow suit?

1 Like

This might be naive but I’ll leave my share in Cineworld going for the long term. I know it’s a little risky what with Covid but I reckon come next year people will be visiting cinemas again.

I know companies will be offering streaming but there a certain social aspect people enjoyed about watching a film on a big screen so banking on that especially as vaccines are being rolled out.

On a side note is AMC worth investing in from what I read it might close down unless I read it wrong.

1 Like

I wouldn’t invest in two cinema businesses - surely one is enough exposure to quite a risky industry in the short to medium term?

I guess you’re right with Cineworld I’m playing the longterm game.

The ONLY reason why I considered AMC was because it had a Chinese owner and I was wonder if they would get government help

Thanks for your reply

2 Likes

Cineworld pledges to reopen in March thanks to vaccine, what do people think about this news?

Nobody knows when we will exit lockdown yet. So promising a reopening in March is just wrong and inaccurate. I hope they do, but this sounds like grasping at straws.

3 Likes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/uk.finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/forget-cineworld-share-price-d-070124512.html

Yahoo finance warning against investing in Cineworld