Cineworld - CINE - Share Chat

download

Cineworld about to be eaten!!!

Interim Results for the period ended 30 June 2022

2 Likes

Anyone interested in Cineworld, owner or otherwise, should 100% read this. Google phrases youā€™re not familiar with, like Debtor in possession.

1 Like

Thanks NeilB very interesting reading.
I will keep holding for now and hope a positive will emerge?

I still want to believe

So did Mulder!!!

3 Likes

Im down 23.97% and fallingā€¦

Iā€™m down 94% and cryingā€¦

2 Likes

Holey Moley, how many shares do you own ?

Only 94 but I foolishly sold some at a loss much earlier in the year. As you can, itā€™s even worse now.

Prior to covid i was looking at cineworld (with no intention of buying) and thought they are pushing there luck in terms of borrowing. This is not a statement based on hindsight i just thought they were borrowing to much money and would take a long time before the gearing paid off, if at all. The last part is hindsight!!

1 Like

Cineworld are currently installing a new laser IMAX screen in my local cinema. Strange for a company going out of business.

2 Likes

And? Many companies will be touting for customers on the day they go into administration.

The money will have been allocated and spent some time ago

1 Like

Iā€™m a bit of a newbie at this sort of thing and Iā€™m probably doing everything wrong, but Iā€™m only buying here and there for a couple of quid at a time so not much lost whilst learning. I came to have a look on here for any comments that may mention a tiny little surge in Cineworld shares and wonder if anybody knows why that is? I think Iā€™ve gone from a minus to a plus and wasnā€™t expecting anything for some time according to everything Iā€™m reading.

Hi @somebodysomeplaceelse welcome to the community :ocean:

In many cases share prices changes are as much about the macro environment rather than the company itself. Chancellor Hunt has reassured the markets somewhat and that has caused many stocks to rise a bit

2 Likes

Welcome friendā€¦ im also tip toeing into stocks. Started end of July. Unfortunately im down 25% on cineworld but i actually think that im one of the luckier ones based on previous comments. We are all just hoping for a miracle at this point.

3 Likes

Time to sell me thinks !

Depends on your risk tolerance:
Todays push is on the court ruling agreeing further funding and with leaseholders agreeing to settlement on renegotiated leases.
$20m in rent paid - companies going under wouldnt pay that.
Im still cautious, but it may be a corner turned. I still see value if the bankruptcy protection they have continues to go as expected.
Still a big risk, but Iā€™m hopeful.

1 Like

Soā€¦they have borrowed even more money. What does this mean now for the UK shares? Its spiking at the moment so some people will be making Megabucks on their 2p shares. I however will not. Unless they hit 40p lol.criesā€¦