Cineworld - CINE - Share Chat

I’ve just seen it, have the results come out today? Maybe buy few extra cause dips? It’s been up and down for weeks :thinking:

Yeah I bought the dip this morning and averaged down to just below 102p. Although with the small amount of shares in my general account I guess my average is more like 100p. I’m optimistic it will do me well this year. The investor presentation went well. I didn’t watch it but been following it. Some details:

2 Likes

Well doesn’t look good but it’s been expected I think once they open over here and films come back people will run to it, we’ve been locked down for so long and especially get MCR just made my AVG 104p didn’t get it at .89p :see_no_evil:

The Cineworld price is indicated wrong in the App at £0.74 it’s not been that low since mid Feb.
It’s been updated now to show correct price. Thank you

There’s quite a stack of movies waiting to be released, with many more current in production, so the outlook should be good. People are bored of being indoors so I feel there’ll be a huge boom in cinema once they reopen. Of course, they’ll have to fight their huge debt for a while.

1 Like

I am new on share market.
Do any one know the cineworld share will go up or go more down by 70p because I buy it 2,000 at 120p.
I am in Los but I didn’t know what to do now… Wall I Sell… cineworld share keep going down and I am new on this Trade market.

No offence, but this question is ridiculous. There’s no point asking if a share will go up or down. No one knows for sure. If it was predictable, there would be no risk and the stock market would be a magic money tree.

3 Likes

@Motlib121 We cannot give you investment advice nor can we predict the future. The forum is to discuss relevant topics which might be of interest to you. Good luck in your investment journey.

1 Like

BUY THE DIP. Here we go​:champagne::champagne::champagne:

One one thing you can be sure of is that it will go either up… or down :man_shrugging:t2: Not when.

1 Like

I think reaching the highs of 1.20+ was a bit premature but the drops this week were in fear of the results. Over sold in my opinion - hence the rise today. We already knew the results would be bad. Now that the bad news is out the way I see a lot of positivity for the future. Their US cinema chain Regal opens next Friday with Godzilla vs Kong. Will be interesting to see how that performs. 75% of their business comes from the US so opening there is a bigger event than opening here.

The biggest risk now for Cineworld is if Covid comes back in a third wave and causes closures again but the US and UK have excellent vaccination programmes so it would take a worrying variant to set us back there.

Do your own research as well.

5 Likes

After reading the above I felt a bit hopeful for this stock and then even better once I read the below :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks for ur kind REPLY and yeah late see what will happen to Cineworld this years good LOCK to everyone

I guess u are right late see what happens to Cineworld good LOCK

Yes THAT all i was try to know abouts it… go up or down but anyone here is like i dont know

Some of the smartest minds, fastest computers and best algorithms in the world work 24 hours around the clock trying to figure the markets out.
And sometimes they get it right.

So unless you know something they do not, you’re not gonna have an edge.
No offence, but try doing your own research and hope for the best.

3 Likes

There are some serious heavy hitters in cold storage due for release this year. Bond, Dune, Suicide Squad. Sure the nature of distribution has changed with many releases going straight to streaming. But I think many people will have itchy feet and WANT to go out to the cinema and experience that kind of normality again.

7 Likes

Yep :+1: I’m also wondering if in the long term they may get into VR or an improved 3D experience. It’s great going to the cinema etc but maybe some bigger groups will do better if they link it to a whole night out, eat/drink/film experience, rather than film and expensive popcorn :joy:
I do think things will get back to normal in cities soon but long term I think the night out needs to be more than a film as home TV experiences are getting so much better nowadays. Short to medium term though I think people will enjoy going out again after so long.

4 Likes

Companies like Secret Cinema & Backyard Cinema have done just that and transformed going to watch a film into more of an experience.
A few drive in cinemas also popped up during lockdown that added pre-show entertainment and good food to the showings

3 Likes

Will be worth hanging onto until the UK reopens properly at least. CINE probably isn’t the future of film consumption but there’s some decent value there outside of that imo.

1 Like