Cineworld - CINE - Share Chat

Yep I would pay a little extra every time for a booth and things like dates etc will always be good for this experience :+1: Maybe not huge profits but a good cinema should be a viable business.

1 Like

Yeah, the Showcase Cinema de lux with the reclining seats, footrests and ample arm space are great. They are a premium, but itā€™s only about 25% so not that badā€¦

1 Like

I think if Cineworld brought their own monthly streaming price down to a competitive price, like say Ā£12 a month, then I believe far more people will consider subscribing to Cineworld. Obviously I donā€™t know electrical costs and maintenance, so I donā€™t know if that would be running at a lost or not, but would be a start

Is it time to start a renewable energy cinema chain that sells healthy nutritious eco friendly food & drinks and light alcoholic craft blends paying workers a higher minimum wage with career opportunities into the movie business and spontaneous one-off secret movie showings for vip members that are subscribed to their recurring revenue business model?

ā€¦Iā€™m here all week on the creativity side :v:t3:

1 Like

Only if the films are distributed by blockchain.

3 Likes

Not sounding goodā€¦

1 Like

Wow these are diving down down down

1 Like

Theyā€™re still not open, they have record debt and itā€™s an outdated way of watching films. I canā€™t see them ever getting out of debt now.

2 Likes

While guidelines are subject to change, the current plan outlined by the government sees indoor cinemas in England open from Monday 17 May.

Iā€™m sure demand still exists for the cinema experience and thereā€™s going to be a backlog of blockbusters to catch up on so in the near future I see grounds for hope and some recoveryā€¦ not to itā€™s peak but worth holding on to if you have shares

6 Likes

Cineworld has been tanking my portfolio since I brought twelve shares from them in March. Iā€™m hoping it will improve past 17th May when they finally get to open up again. But Iā€™m really looking forward to Bond 25 around September 2021. That should really help the share price until the results for next year come in. By then I hope to sell most of my shares at a profit. But anything can happen at this point and Iā€™m willing to take the risk.

2 Likes

I love cinema, and intend to go back as soon as things open again, as I am sure many others will. But I sold my cineworld holding at a small loss last week. The debt is just too heavy for the moment. There will probably be some kind of massive restructuring in the future, Assets sold branches closed etc.

3 Likes

I donā€™t intend to go back to the cinema. Can you imagine how awful the experience will be post pandemic. Long social distanced queues, masks on, every other seat empty, staggered entry and egress, staff directives just to see a film. Could not think of anything worse.

2 Likes

That actually sounds alot better than the chaos that ensued before. The idea of having some empty seats around fills me with glee.

4 Likes

I canā€™t imagine any such rules will last past the end of this year as every one will have been vaccinated by then. That said even before Covid visiting my local cinema during the day generally meant it was mostly empty anyway and if the film had already been out several days before I got around to going it wasnā€™t unheard of to have the place to myself, was epic, essentially hiring a private cinema for a few Ā£.

2 Likes

Empty seat will mean the debt will continue to spiral. Plus Bond wonā€™t save Cineworld

1 Like

I have a fantastic TV (itā€™s enormous) and high quality full Dolby surround system at home. Itā€™s really great for watching movies but I am still really looking forward to returning to the cinema. The experience is just not the same, I really enjoy the cinema and there are plenty of movies that I really enjoyed at the cinema but just were not the same at home.

I agree, Iā€™m probably not going to rush back to the cinema immediately but I have been vaccinated and once this is all over (although that could be a few years time) I believe that the cinemas will return to normal or at least the big ones will. However, whether or not the current cinema chains can survive until then is another matter.

I think that when investing in stock you should consider the long game and not the short game so, unless Cineworld goes bust (which is a real possibility) if you can hold your stock for 5 to 10 years I am certain you will have an huge return.

4 Likes

Just food for thought.

If I wanted the stock to be shorted, I would DEFINITELY be commenting on the irrelevance of cinemas to help people bandwagon on the idea.

DYOR and donā€™t get caught making snap judgements based on comments here, I wouldnā€™t go out fighting at the weekend but that doesnā€™t mean thousands of people wonā€™t.

Individual circumstances are irrelevant.

6 Likes

Im not sure there are enough users on this forum to short a stock.

4 Likes

But articles like this one I posted before are designed to scare people away from the stock to help fulfil the wishes of the shorter. Best to do your own evaluation and hold to your decision.

3 Likes

If you believe Disney can light up the movie theatres in the UK and bring about a new generation back into the theatres and investors believe we are entering the era for movie theatre growth, then your investment has a base to grow from.

Again, a personal view is that there is just far too much noise in this area and movies are no where near as special or anticipated and this seems to be the overall trend on a huge scale.

The case for declining movie attendance is strong.