Clipper Logistics plc CLG

This company provides a range of logistics services to different businesses. It focuses on the fashion, retail and electronics industries.

Complete Newbie here…this caught my eye and I think it might be worth picking up as I think it has potential. Can I get another opinion please? I know I have a lot to learn and am grateful for all tips and advice.
https://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/companies/news/945145/clipper-logistics-growing-at-a-fair-clip-945145.html

*Not an investment advice and I don’t hold these stocks

In my view, Clipper Logistics and Wincanton are arguably the best 2 logistics companies when it comes to small caps.

I’ll supplement with the pros and cons over the weekend.

1 Like

I don’t hold these so I haven’t exerted all my brain power in the analysis so someone here may supplement / rectify

Wincanton (LON:WIN)

Checklist Good or Bad
Profitable :white_check_mark:
Growth YOY :white_check_mark: Digital and eFulfilment up by 40%
Analyst Consensus :white_check_mark: Strong Buy (5)
Last earnings report :white_check_mark: Above market expectations
New business opportunities :white_check_mark: Heineken, B&Q, Snug signed up
Net Debt :x: Fairly high mainly due to pension deficit

Clipper Logistics (LON:CLG)

Checklist Good or Bad
Profitable :white_check_mark:
Growth YOY :white_check_mark: structural shift to e-commerce which led to unprecedented levels of activity in H2 2020 according to the latest RNS which is probably expected due to PPE contracts + Black Friday and Christmas
Analyst Consensus :white_check_mark: Buy (2)
Last earnings report :white_check_mark: Above market expectations
New business opportunities :white_check_mark: Strong pipeline as indicated in the latest RNS - no further details on this
Net Debt :x: Fairly high mainly due to lease liabilities
Insider Selling :x: one director sold 11m shares for £62m recently which could be since the SP has doubled but makes me uncomfortable buying when there is insider selling on a large scale

CLG looks a bit too expensive now which is over 30 times the current year earnings.

1 Like

Interesting, I agree with many of the positives for CLG , though I had no idea about the director selling shares. The Pension situation with WIN is a great point, thanks for the tips,