Closed account

Seems Freetrade donā€™t want my business so have asked my to close down my accounts!
Also donā€™t seem to want to release my funds to the point Iā€™ve had to put a formal complaint in and to top the amazing serving not being given they also seem to not want to answer my messages. Guess they run an organisation that covers their teams back!
Disgusting customer service, been trying to release my money for over a week and the one person everyone points back to chooses not to open messages so not having to deal with it!
As an investor in round 2 & 3 in massively disappointed in the service Iā€™m receiving and certainly wonā€™t be referring anyone else to Freetrade.
Perhaps viktor would like to comment on this?

1 Like

Why? Seems odd for them to just shut an account. Surely there was a catalyst you havenā€™t mentioned or are you claiming they just shut with no reasons?

1 Like

Apparently an internal investigation with their compliance team deemed I didnā€™t fit the picture.
No communication with me throughout, no request for information, simply nothing!
Now they donā€™t answer questions, havenā€™t released my funds!
Run like a Masonic society!

1 Like

If youā€™ve been flagged by their internal compliance teams it could be for a potential breach of money laundering regulations. If this is the case they are legally bound not to talk to you.

11 Likes

Investor in rounds 2&3 but you are using a different profile otherwise you would have badges? Hmm.

1 Like

All my money is clean and legally earned!
I donā€™t get how you can internally investigate anyone without asking them for any information. That aside, ignoring my request to release my funds and simply ignoring any other messages after putting in a formal complaint it my real grunt with them.
That is not good customer service!

If thatā€™s your biggest pick upā€¦.wow

What did their communication with you actually say? It doesnā€™t say ā€˜you donā€™t fit the pictureā€™ does it? So exactly what was said?

1 Like

So they havenā€™t actually held your positions or funds. sounds like you just need to sell them and withdraw them or provide to them a transfer request, or do nothing and have them automatically sold and funds returned to your bank account. Seems fairly straight forward?

4 Likes

Seems incredibly straight forward and transparent to be fair.

@Mazymush just sell up and withdraw (make sure you factor in the time the funds take the settle), or just sit tight and do nothing

5 Likes

It seems that funds will be released when the account is closed. They give options for you to decide on or do nothing and positions will then be sold down and funds sent to your nominated account. So, FT is not witholding funds from you but has described the procedure.

2 Likes

All bar one trade is sold up, explained when they release funds for me to transfer Iā€™ll close the last transaction.
Seems reasonable to allow access to my own money, more my gripe is the bad communication!

Theyā€™ve told you to withdraw your money though, the withdraw button in the app doesnā€™t work?

If your intention is to withdraw your funds, it takes a couple of days for sold assets to settle, thatā€™s just normal. As for a transfer you donā€™t need to sell any of your positions to transfer your ISA, you just send them the transfer form and theyā€™ll transfer it / sell as required.

Not sure what you mean about closing your last transaction? You mean you have a position in an asset still? regardless of what you do, it will be sold automatically on the 7th July if you do nothing and funds well be sent to your bank account.

It seems pretty straight forward, im not sure what the problem is?

2 Likes

Everytime I try it says failed!
The money is cleared and there to withdraw but Freetrade are holding it without explanation

Likely that you will need to wait until youā€™ve settled that last trade, theyā€™ve told you to sell all positions, not all bar one.

1 Like

Iā€™m still sure you havenā€™t said the whole story as this message is clearly the end of a conversation as she says ā€œthank you for your patienceā€ Maybe you opened an account and were not eligible? I am guessing you actually know the reason as you have not mentioned what was the catalyst for the message pic you posted.

1 Like

That was the message after me chasing for a week of no answers.
There is nothing to hide here on my behalf.
Iā€™m user 235 so my account has been open from day 1.

What were you chasing answers to? All I am saying is you seem to be telling us the end of the story so hard for people to actually respond.