Cloudflare ☁️🦠- NET

Sitting on a 56% return but only started a small position.

1 Like

Unsure how much of this is Cloudflare’s announcement vs all the smaller cloud stocks rising, look at Fastly, Crowdstrike, Datadog etc.

Having said that, I wouldn’t mind another drop in Cloudflare. Also I think Cloudflare in the next decade should see it’s valuation go over $100bn if they are not acquired before then.

At the next quarterly update we should get a better sense on how monetising Cloudflare for Teams is going. They had about 2,000 companies using it on the free through September 1 campaign. They also said they “have been very encouraged by those early conversations” around converting to paid users.

Their serverless beta products also look very interesting. Looking forward to seeing general availability of those.

4 Likes

Totally agree with you… I think the surge is cloudflare specific, but the industry is strong regardless which is helping. However NET was flat for months while the others were surging - which is why I think NET has merited itself.

This month:

CRWD up 18%
DDOG up 44% and they’ve done an Azure partnership in last couple of weeks
NET up 77% cloudflare one, internet archive and probably earnings anticipation and some ratings upgrades there too.

4 Likes

Cloudflare posted their 2020 Q3 earnings yesterday

• $114.2 million in this quarter ( +54% year on year revenue growth )
  • Ended the third quarter with $1.1 billion in cash
  • Guidance raise for next quarter
  • Added 1st customer spending over $10 million a year. This started with a developer who tried their service for a personal site, then brought that to work. Their company then started with a 60k contract with Cloudflare in 2016 and it’s grown from there.
  • Cloudflare Teams saw 75% of customers transition to paid accounts which included new customers like JetBlue Travel Products, OneTrust and Delivery Hero. Teams is also a very high margin product for them with the CEO saying “…doesn’t cost us much…”. They also said “…we are now seeing six plus figure deals that are just for Cloudflare teams…”.
  • Cloudflare Workers ( their Serverless product ) saw more than 27,000 developers deploy their first worker, up from 15,000 a year ago.
  • From their earnings call, helping companies manage regulatory requirements on storage and transmission is a target for Cloudflare. It’s also very lucrative, so if they can push processing and data storage to edge locations which Cloudflare then ensures stay in those localities could see them gaining a significant advantage.
  • Cloudflare have “…one more Cloudflare week before the end of the year focused on privacy and compliance” - these are basically a week of product releases.

They discussed a lot in the earnings call that I’ve not touched on :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

up nearly 10% in pre market trading

Id love to see a price target for them

R

Some analysts adjusted their price forecast upwards today

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Logical move for them

1 Like

I’m glad I’m long this company. I can see them becoming a $100B company in 5 years

3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Another logical move from Cloudflare. You might recall these in recent times

Well, soon you might see ones like this from Cloudflare

4 Likes
5 Likes

Been seeing more Cloudflare captchas, so a good start.

Speaking the truth.

Cloudflare is also at a all time high this week with ~$115. Next trading update in August should be intertesting.

2 Likes

Wish I held my position in Cloudflare. I bought in around 40 and sold around 75. :sob:

1 Like

I am 174% up thus far and hoping it’s going all the way over the next few years. Still unprofitable by all accounts so plenty of opportunity for the sp to rise when the dollars start rolling in :heavy_dollar_sign:

1 Like

Cloudflare has just become my first triple bagger with the new all time high. I’m up just over 200%. It’s been a steady and impressive rise and, as you say, there should be more once they become officially profitable.

4 Likes