Cloudflare ☁️🦠- NET

Cloudflare went public on the NYSE on Friday 13th with the ticker NET. Cloudflare is a company that focuses on offering CDN, DNS, DDoS protection and security services using their bespoke network.

If anyone is interested, I can write an analysis of their S-1. Have been monitoring this company despite the losses. $NET is essential for the web and most people don’t know who they are.

24 Likes

Eagerly awaiting your write up @engineer

1 Like

I would be interested in seeing this :+1:t2:

1 Like

Would love to see CloudFlare on Freetrade.
They are a massive part of the internet.

2 Likes

Cloudflare, Inc. Cloudflare logo.svg220x75

Cloudflare, Inc. is an American web infrastructure and website security company, providing content delivery network, DDoS_mitigation, Internet security, and distributed domain name server services.
Cloudflare’s services sit between a website’s visitor and the Cloudflare user’s hosting provider, acting as a reverse proxy for websites. Cloudflare’s headquarters are in San Francisco, California, with additional offices in Lisbon , London , Singapore , Munich, San Jose, Champaign, Illinois, Austin, New York Cityand Washington, D.C.

IPO date 13/09/2019

Yeah looking for a platform to buy this stock. at the moment think Degiro might be the best bet. unless FT add this on Monday.

They are available on Trading212, and eToro.

Hopefully on FT soon enuf.

1 Like

thanks i’ll look into this tonight.

Hi all, Cloudflare does look like a really interesting company, I agree.

It’ll be a little while longer until it’s on the Freetrade app though, more details on this thread:

4 Likes

finki.io has a service in development that shows you all the stocks available from all brokers via a live search facility…

I’ve just ran it and can see Cloudflare available at this moment on only Degiro and ii.co.uk (it’s also landed on Stake and Robinhood… but we can’t access those yet!!!)

EDIT: It’s on Trading 212 now too

EDIT : as of 18/09 it’s turned up on HL.co.uk too ! They were just a little slow!

2 Likes

Really very interested in investing a substantial amount of my portfolio into Cloudflare but I’m sorry, am I seeing things? 30xrevenue and eyewatering OpEx increases? I will patiently wait for @engineer’s take on the S-1 but is getting beyond a joke now.

3 Likes

Looking forward to the write up.

1 Like

Thanks for this I ended up using Trading212 to buy the shares really surprised that instant trades are free on that platform without a markup on exchange rate. think I’ll be using it for all my US stocks and FT for UK stocks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/t/jim-cramer-cloudflares-inconsistency-makes-the-newly-public-stock-a-risky-bet/vp-AAHomgO

1 Like

That’s extremely helpful. How much will it cost? The biggest issue I find trying to get the best broker is understanding their coverage.

Apparently all US stocks doesn’t actually mean what it says!

It’s available in hl, but with fee.

Understood

Stage 1 of my little project is to “live” assess where each stock is available for purchase … it’s nearly there!

Stage 2 is to display the costs of making that purchase… it’s not even started yet, but it’s on my radar when I get time!

Stay tuned

1 Like
1 Like

Now I really have to come up with something. Who wants to do an internship (and do all the work) :raised_hands:

By the way, this post from SeekingAlpha is not bad:

Wherever you go, you see Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure:

…Akamai (AKAM) lost Facebook, Amazon, Google, and some other big clients. These tech giants have all built proprietary CDN solutions. Given that, combined, these giants generate a sizable portion of overall internet traffic, it’s not hard to fathom why they made this move.

While small and niche CDN players like Cloudflare continue to win mid-market enterprises, there is a strong incentive for large enterprises to go with these tech giants. For example, media outlets which generate a significant portion of their traffic from Google will not think it twice before opting for Google as their choice CDN partner. It just makes logical sense.

Source - SeekingAlpha

2 Likes