Coinbase - COIN

I wish one of the SPACs I hold had managed to snare this.

1 Like

coinbase fees are only high if you use coinbase.com instead of pro.coinbase.com
ā€¦most people donā€™t know this so pay high fees.

6 Likes

https://www.fool.com/amp/investing/2020/12/19/goldman-sachs-reportedly-picked-to-lead-coinbase-i/

2 Likes

I feel bullish on the Coinbase IPO but I fear it might become overpriced like Airbnb was.

The reason is simple. In terms of crypto exchanges, Coinbase is probably the most trusted exchange for institutions. A recent example is when Ruffer Investment used Coinbase to buy 745M of Bitcoin.

Executing well at large volumnes and being percieved as secure is valuable if crypto continues to grow as an asset class.

Buying Coinbase is like buying into the crypto boom - its exciting!

2 Likes

I agree. Defo going to be popular on launch and something which I plan to invest in.

its exciting

This is exactly what gamblers think, and no doubt a thought that has lost many people money. Emotions are a very dangerous factor when investing/trading.

2 Likes

ā€œDuring the gold rush its a good time to be in the pick and shovel businessā€ - Mark Twain

Iā€™ve more interest in investing in Coinbase than I have in investing in crypto ever again.

8 Likes

Hi all, this is my first post on these boards! :sweat_smile: Iā€™ve followed Coinbase professionally since they were a small start-up, five chaps in a single room, so very interested to see their next move.

Iā€™m curious to learn more of what risks they disclose, particularly the supposedly small number of crypto owners accounting for much of their holdings, and where geographically most of their money is coming from. If it was a gambling firm for example about to IPO and they disclosed 90% of their customers are from China and account for 90% of their business (hello Bet3**) there could be regulatory headaches awaiting.

One of Coinbaseā€™s legal team spoke at a conference I attended about four or five years ago and disclosed off record that they know they have the perfect way to launder money, and its up to the firm and the crypto community to convince the regulators it is much more transparent than at first glance. Over the last few years they have done a good job of that.

All that said I think theyā€™re in a great position to dominate the Western market at least, as they have the retail investor penetration more niche operators donā€™t, although the firm is likely to be overpriced at first.
I will definitely be backing them.

3 Likes

Any thoughts on when this will be available to buy?

1 Like

Thatā€™s up to the SEC. Publicly Coinbase said ā€œearly 2021ā€ but they need to be vetted first.

Looks like it will be available on IG

This.

1 Like

Coinbase are going direct next monthā€¦

6 Likes

HODL ETH :large_blue_diamond:

related

Ether Futures will launch on the CME Exchange (WALL STREET BABY!)

ā€œEther futures, which follow those of bitcoinā€™s listing in December 2017, will be cash-settled and will be priced based on a CME reference rate that draws data from major cryptocurrency exchanges Bitstamp, Coinbase, Gemini, itBit, and Kraken.ā€

ā€¦more mainstream

Ethereum 2.0

What makes coinbase a good investment?

So it has some of the highest volume of all exchanges, itā€™s easy access to customers, and itā€™s also easy to navigateā€¦

It makes circa 0.5% on buy and sell, if youā€™re smart you jump on Coinbase pro for betterā€¦

My assumption is it has even more users and coin within its storage than this article details from 2019

My assumption is that these factors result in a revenue generating machine!!!

Obviously it could be short lived if crypto disappears, but it doesnā€™t seem to do that, it rollercoasters in a cyclical fashionā€¦

I think I may have conceived myself to jump on the IPO

great brand, market leader position and strong revenues generation ($2.3bn in 2020).

Say that, the expected valuation of $100bn seems priced to perfection

1 Like