Coinbase - COIN

I think their automated system has gone a bit wrong, that would give Coinbase a nice P/E of like 2, based off of Q1 expected earnings.

For the max graph, they likely just use one data point per day which is probably the value at end of the trading day which is why the beginning higher value doesn’t appear. You can see a similar thing occur on yahoo’s graphs when you set the timeline summary as 6 months or higher.

As more days pass, it will start looking less and less “weird.”

Yep it is winding me up I paid nearly $60 more than the so called max price in the history :joy: :man_facepalming:

1 Like
1 Like

CFO dumping everything & CEO dumping 75% … that’s not a good sign.

1 Like

Nice of them to cash in on the people who invested in the success of their company floating :joy:

He’s the the largest shareholder in the company and he’s been waiting for this day since the inception.

He owns 2,753,924 Class A shares and 36,851,833 Class B shares according to the 8-K filings.

He sold a minuscule of 750k shares for 250m odd and who wouldn’t?

I’d be worried if the trend continued but nothing to worry about.

I’d suggest looking up at IPOs in the last decade and see how many founders / top management sold shares right after the IPO or within the first 12 months. If my memory serves me right even Zuckerberg sold a billion worth of shares.

8 Likes

I don’t blame them for cashing in - this is the big payout they’ve been dreaming about since they started!

It also means the stock held up well under the circumstances.

(I’m not invested and won’t be buying)

3 Likes

That is on point a lot of people do take the payout. this gives the worry free life and allows them to focus on what is important

1 Like

The article made out he dumped 75% of his total holding but didn’t account for the class B which makes up the vast majority of his holdings.

I like to see a founder have their ‘payday’ after all this is partly what drives other founders when they’re in the middle of the 20 hours a days grind.

2 Likes

Exactly :+1: There is a huge difference between

and

2 Likes

Saw this on Twitter.
Coinbase did a direct listing. Not an IPO.
Only existing shares can be sold. No new shares are created.
The only way for their to be a market is for existing holder to sell. And they register the shares to do so.

3 Likes

130.7 million Class A shares
68.5 million Class B shares

Total: 261.3 million when shares are measured on a fully diluted basis.

Will we see Coinbase sp drop tomorrow?

My guess is yes. Today people will get scared and sell. Hopefully temporary!

ÂŁARB - The Bitcoin miner are up 7% as of typing.

Given $COIN make money on volatility, with both buying & selling earning them transaction fees, I wouldn’t expect a crash.

2 Likes

Your right that Coinbase make most of their money in fees so it shouldn’t make any difference what the price of BTC is.
But the price is determined by human emotion and sentiment, so if the sentiment towards crypto goes south so will the sentiment towards exchange valuations.

1 Like

Jeez all time low today…cmon COIN!

1 Like

Buy the dip!!

PayPal have a crypto trading app now.