Coinbase - COIN

$160’s two years from now. Then a spike to $280 in 2024 before retreating to $215. :crystal_ball:

Far too much hype in this sector right now that will likely whittle away soon, before hype ‘may’ return later down the line. Yet nobody knows which area of the crypto market will be the next hype.

Nobody has absolutely any solid knowledge on what the entire crypto & currency movement is doing, it’s the wild west. Plus, teaching the majority to adopt a unique currency will take a decade.

I can only speak for myself.

2 Likes

And all of that assumes they remain the dominate exchange. With no moat that seems unlikely.

1 Like

Regret buying this now, paid $398, should have listened to people saying its overvalued.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/coinbase-stop-trading-german-exchange-164911861.html

1 Like

I don’t usually call people out, but there are plenty of people in the sector who have vast and concrete knowledge of the “movement.” The majority of the influential projects in the space are ran (and supported) by highly intelligent people who have good understanding of their respective project goals. The space is by no means a “Wild West”, and to describe it as such is to conflate price fluctuations with some real breakthrough technology. Rather than the movement itself, instability in the markets is usually led by misinformed and impatient folks wanting quick returns on assets they have neglected to try to understand in any meaningful capacity.

So to sum that up, I think you are referring to the markets rather than the movement.

In terms of adoption, a lot can happen in a decade in the tech space. Just a decade and a half ago was pre-iPhone and look at how much things have changed — on a global scale. Many of these projects have been in action for less than half, most less than a quarter, as long as that and already have significant headway, such as mass-marketable products. Crypto.com (payment ecosystem) and Pundi (point of sale crypto transactions) are two great examples of practical methods to access crypto (tokens) in daily lives by the developed and “developing” world, both of which require little to no education to use. Not to mention, the developing world often requires hedges against its own native currencies, which will accelerate adoption of crypto solutions as production capacity and marketing spend increases.

Anyway, as for adoption, the timeline for that is anybody’s guess, but the solutions for that are already in existence and the rollout underway.

6 Likes

Hi Ian,

If you weren’t already aware, CoinShares recently listed on the Stockholm exchange (Nasdaq OMX). CoinShares is the largest crypto asset manager in Europe (~$5bn) and the parent company of XBT Provider, which was very popular in the UK and HL, before the FCA killed regulated crypto investing…

Even though the CoinShares ETPs are no longer available to us Brits, I think the shares in the company itself could be the next Argo Blockchain. It is also very likely they will be bought by a larger ETF asset manager (BlackRock’s iShares or Amundi etc) in the future, when they decide to get involved in the crypto space. So that adds a nice ‘backdoor flush’ possibility to a stock which already has fantastic growth potential.

Now would be a great time to invest, before it is widely available to the market. Can you please help me get FT to add CoinShares to the platform by voting and commenting on the Stock Request I made - CoinShares International - CS

3 Likes

I’m honestly not worried, this is a long term hold :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I agree… although i’m now down with Coinbase I will just average down and I know it will eventually go back up moving me into the green.

Im not planning on selling only buying so welcome the lower share price at the moment.

2 Likes

Agreed, I’m firmly in the Buffet Hamburger stage of my Coinbase investment.

i dont know why blockchain ledger is how hard to understand for some, tbh.

2 Likes

I seriously need to stop buying on release days.

If someone knows of one; please give an example where the SharePrice holds value or increases from date of going live.

Every entry I’ve had on newcomers has always led to big red tanking any gains my more sensible and established holdings make. Lesson learned so far = forget about release day shares even if you like the stock. Just give it a week or two to settle then get in if you still fancy it

^ not advice. Clearly self reflection, question and opinion

6 Likes

I wonder if the boom in new investors has caused this? I certainly won’t buy close to IPO like I did with Coinbase in the near future.

4 Likes

I think the huge influx of retail investors has definetly impacted the market in a way no-one foresaw even when pandem was evidently on the horizon. Some will have no doubt seen it and made a killing off the back of inexperienced money in the market.
Its across the board which is why I wonder what this rebalance everyone talks about will really look like. Truth is £££ & $$$ in the market has increased beyond that of pre pandem investing so good chance prices will be higher than before.

On the subject of crypto though… it’s exactly how the “currency” gains value. People putting money down to prove faith in the “market”.

Love how every thought opinion prediction etc I have comes down to “I honestly havnt a clue xD”

2 Likes

“HYPE” is the biggest killer and we’ve all been guilty of taking notice :grimacing::crazy_face:

5 Likes

Airbnb has gone sideways from IPO, you could get out with profits if you timed it. C3.ai was a great one, it went up and down for 3 months, loads of profit taking opportunities before completely tanking.:joy:

2 Likes

THG - the Hut Group went up, prior to starting to drop… that being said I don’t think its dropped below its IPO price yet.

1 Like

Trustpilot had a slow start but has picked up considerably since IPO

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Tanking again today, can’t see rising to anywhere near opening launch price for many a year if at all.

2 Likes

who else is waiting to dump this stock once you see green xd

4 Likes