Commission-free Instant Orders launched today!

Updated 2 days ago, but alas still no luck!

This is amazing! Great job Freetrade :freetrade: :raised_hands:

2.8.3 is the latest iOS version?

Well done Freetrade! Amazing work!

I called the hint on a feature you’ll ‘instantly like’… But I didn’t even think it could be this.

Onwards and upwards!!

3 Likes

Haven’t manually updated my app and it’s already showing free instant orders on my Android (s9)

This is a very unexpected update and as someone who likes to invest little and often rather than lump sums this will certainly cause me to spend more!

3 Likes

I’ve just re-checked app and I can join the free club, thank you for prompt response @Viktor

This is great for anyone wanting to average down in this correction. you can take lots of small bites instead of risking a lot at once

3 Likes

Very cool!

Yes, you’re on the latest version.
The updates to Android/iOS for this were pushed out a couple days ago.

2 Likes

I hope you guys are planning to make a lot of noise about this as for most people this will be a huge benefit!

The cat is well and truly out of the bag!

17 Likes

I’m happy for everyone :+1:
Though wondering, if at later stage ISAs become free, it is like everyone is alpha.

Conflicted on this, as an early investor this was one of the perks. Now free for everyone :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Great move. Seems like a good way to compete with the the upcoming Robinhood

1 Like

I got it as a perk as well, but I’m happy for everyone to get it. The real perk will be when Freetrade shares are worth 100X what I paid for them :laughing:

9 Likes

Was instant orders not generating revenue?
Great from customer point of view, is it sustainable?

Anyway… Day trading anyone?

:tada: Hype was real :raised_hands:

3 Likes

It sounds like the platform helps make it sustainable. That is why they launched it now that the platform is fully launched.

For us, the idea was so obvious, it hardly needed explanation. But as our founding team started to understand the stack needed to make investing truly free, one thing became very clear very fast.

Only owning our platform end-to-end would enable us to not charge commissions AND become a sustainable business.

and

The first feature to roll out is something we wanted to provide back in 2018 when we onboarded our first customer, but it wasn’t viable.

It is now.

Instant Orders just became commission-free for everyone.

4 Likes

Amazing news and great update. Thank you :freetrade:

1 Like

Congratulations Freetrade team! I’m sure that it’s been a phenomenal amount of work to build the platform. You must be hugely relieved to have it out in the wild now, and have everyone off the legacy systems.

Owning your own technology means you can control your own destiny. As both a customer and investor, I am excited about what’s coming next. Good luck, and enjoy the weekend. :slight_smile:

11 Likes