ContourGlobal 💨🌊 GLO - Stock Discussion

This firm provide wind, solar and hydro energy. ContourGlobal operate from 101 power plants in 18 countries worldwide

Anyone else holding?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s one of my largest holdings. It seems very undervalued at the moment and with the dividend yield around 7% I’m happy to be patient. When it does eventually stop using coal I think it’ll get a valuation boost and in the short term the coal power plant in Bulgaria might have its use extended due to the European energy crisis. I’m going to be interested to see what they do with the cash from the Brazil assets.

2 Likes

Nice to see they keeping up the dividends

1 Like

440 shares holding

1 Like

Nice day for profit :kissing_heart:

Was a nice surprise :open_mouth:

1 Like

I couldn’t resist had to sell made a nice little profit :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Is it time to sell? What do you think?

Maybe not, all depends on you? I sold as it was £290 profit and my losses have been terrible for while so that helped me get other shares with divs and it will go towards paying my credit card :frowning:

If you have got a serious profit I would think about it? But it’s it’s just few quids like £30-£50 I would of held!

This isn’t financial advice just my own opinion :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks for your opinion Mike.
I don’t have a massive holding. I think I will cash in on balance.

1 Like

Why sell for less than takeover bid?

1 Like

Hadn’t thought of that!

What happens? Do we just get paid out for our shares are do we get shares in the company that’s taking over?

Depends what the takeover agreement is as to what you get, in this instance, since it’s a private equity firm it’ll most likely be just the cash.

1 Like

Thanks Jimmy.

What I gathered its a cash buyout. Ive not seen a date for it though and do we not go ex dividend in a week or so ?

Dates are in here:

https://otp.tools.investis.com/clients/uk/contourglobal_plc/rns/regulatory-story.aspx?cid=2319&newsid=1584109

Looks like each shareholder gets 263.6p per share

1 Like

How would take over price affect it? I sold for £2,58ps I mean it could go to £3.58 but how do we know might go to £1.58 next week :thinking:

If it is £2.63 it works out about am extra £21 so that doesn’t change enough for me :+1:t2:

Perhaps a silly question but does this mean I get paid for my shares and won’t hold them any longer? I was hoping to hold my ContourGlobal shares long term so a bit gutted.

1 Like