Freetrade’s CrowdCube Fundraise

£1bn is about 50x growth, wow if you put £1000 down today there is a good chance it will be worth £50,000 not too far in the future… now if only I had £20,000 to invest I could be a millionaire with £1bn evaluation … assuming no more dilution

2 Likes

Wondering if someone can clarify for me a few quick ones - might have gotten confused in all of this? :slight_smile:

• New Crowdcube investment round is coming soon yes? Within weeks?
  • Being a community member gets you an earlier invite to this? I have been on the list for a good while with a few referrals (not many friends interested in investing unfortunately) but I only today realised that my waiting list thing was not an account on the forums (been just lurking it seems). Do I need to do anything else to get the early invite?
  • The investor badge is that for people who have already managed to invest? Or is it to show that you want to invest next round or both? :smiley:

Very excited for the chance to invest!

Yes -

No -

It’s for people who have already invested.

1 Like

100 replies! Get your badge, fellows!

4 Likes

£500 = jump the queue IMO, that’s a pretty good amount to show commitment :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve created this Wiki to collect the answers to frequently asked questions about the next CrowdCube raise here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Glad to hear it! just to be clear I’m really pleased with the existing investment that I made in the past and wish you all the best for this raise. I’m now weighing up whether I should invest again in this round and not seeing any benefits that I haven’t already qualified for within budget. My suggestions would be:

• Allow people to gift additional benefits gained to another person e.g. if I qualify for a second founder status on this raise then allow me to gift that to my wife
  • Do a special batch of rewards for repeat investors e.g. brew special IPA with local london brewer / special colour version of the hoodie for repeat investors / freetrade calculator / …
  • Brewdog do this very well as each round there are new and different rewards available to keep people coming back for more rather than investing once and leaving at that
2 Likes

What will the share price be for the fund raise?

54p / share

Details are coming tomorrow. :fire:

6 Likes

Are the details coming in writing only or with an ability to fund the third round straightaway?

1 Like

The details will come as a heads-up in writing. We’ll share the plan (e.g. the date!), key details for the raise, etc.

4 Likes

That’s great. I believe people here are setting their Apple Pay balances to pledge on Crowdcube as soon as it is open.

Monzo raised £1m in 96 seconds once. Freetrade may well have a similar demand, so on that day I might need to take a day off to stare on my screen, making sure the opportunity is not missed!

1 Like

The round will start at exactly 1pm on that day, so you can just do it on your lunch break! :hamburger:

1 Like

That more than reassuring, thank you very much indeed!

Waiting for tomorrow’s details now.

1 Like

Is there a risk the round will close pretty quick? or will it be left open to rack up £millions?

I.e. do I need to get my trigger finger ready.

1 Like

We will consider allowing overfunding, but the best way to make sure you get to invest is to pledge your investment during the initial 24-hour private phase.

3 Likes

Exciting! :star_struck:

1 Like

Could you do me a huge favour, could you grow another 2000% again after I invest?

That would be awesome

6 Likes

Take Robinhood as an example (they are quite similar in many respects, were even crowdfunded). They now have a circa $6bn valuation and they only operate in America and Australia.

Freetrade could potentially have the exposure to 500m population EU market.

The valuation is just £18m now. Let’s take a conservative market value of £2bn in 10-15 years. That would be 10000% growth potentially.

Not that I advocate for investing in Freetrade, but I personally have utter and ultimate trust in the team and the only two things I regret in my life is that I did not get to know Freetrade in rounds 1 and 2.

I will not miss round three for the world!

6 Likes

I’m the same, missed round 1 and 2. But £18m is still getting in at the ground level in my opinion.

2 Likes