Freetrade’s CrowdCube Fundraise

That’s actually… pretty close to what happened. :blush:

6 Likes

Funding isn’t complete yet… the completion process has technically yet to take place. As you may notice from earlier, 2 investors have abandoned their pledges or/and some have reduced theirs. This fluctuation will probably happen all the way up until money is debited from accounts. Hence, why expressions of interest is available to pick up allocation slack during the 7 day cooling off period.

This is my hypothesis from the available info. @HannahCrowdcube will know more I’m sure.

1 Like

How’s everyone today in freetrade towers? All that extra work to be done now the raise is closed and massively over subscribed. Good times :grin:

It looks like the trolls are already coming out of the woodwork. Taken from the Crowdcube discussion section:

1 Like

Noticed that too, however that particular user never has a positive word to say about anyone! Their usual line is to ridicule a companies valuation as they aren’t currently revenue generating/profitable - I.e the vast majority of pitches on Crowdcube!

2 Likes

You’re right. But the £3.1 rather than £3 means it will hopefully still be a round number if dropouts do occur (my OCD there). There will also be people who missed out that Crowdcube can swap in. Contact them if this is you.

2 Likes

Indeed, good times! Champagne was opened last night.

We just took some time off to watch Adam appear on BBC. He was on a panel discussing the topic of working from home. It was a bit of a random request, but why not.

We’ll probably get more media attention after this very visible raise (which was possible thanks to you :heart: ).

Now we are back to focused work, although at 4pm @Freetrade_Team will mix some cocktails for us apparently!

7 Likes

Release the App before the mixing starts! I do not mind it crashing or not working at all, just let me get a dose of seeing what it looks like from inside! :joy:

3 Likes

Is there a recorded clip of him of tv?

1 Like

The segment with Adam in it starts at about 1:24:45 :clapper:

2 Likes

10 Likes

The freetrade legal review doc from crowdcube I just received states the shares were bought at £0.521053 not 54p as expected, not that I’m complaining just entrigued in case I am missing something

5 Likes

I calculated the per share price using all outstanding shares and the £18m premises valuation.

The final Crowdcube calculation was done on a fully diluted basis, meaning they included employee stock options that have not yet been exercised.

The end result is a lower share price for Crowdcube investors, ie you get more shares for the same price. :tada:

8 Likes

The extra deposit I made to get a round number of shares was for nothing! I would pretend to be angry but surprise extra shares are always welcome!

5 Likes

Arghhh not angry because more shares … but no longer a round number … must not twitch :wink:

1 Like

I was wondering if you could confirm, a number of shares itself is not quite substantial when it comes to growth is it? I mean that regardless of the share price and the number of shares you possess, the overall percentage of an individual’s ownership would not change, am I correct?

Have Crowdcube skimmed some off the top? Page only shows funding at £3,077,780 now? :wink:

It will if they issue more shares which will happen in new rounds.

1 Like

I see, thanks!

So that’s a nice 3% discount then :grin:

1 Like