Freetrade’s CrowdCube Fundraise

Our legal eagle is our Compliance Officer @freetrade_cal :eagle:

Whatever I need to do, tell me because I want to invest in the next round :slight_smile: I think you guys are going to kill it.

4 Likes

:fire:

All you have to do is be a community member, which you already are!

The process:

1. You’ll receive an email with a private link to the Crowdcube pitch when we start the raise. The pitch won’t be public (i.e. visible on Crowdcube’s feed of pitches).
  2. The email will go to the email address that you signed up for the Freetrade waitlist for.

Ping us through live chat (website or app) if any questions!

2 Likes

Cheers Vik, can’t wait for the launch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

For the new crowdcube round, will you give the private link to the people that have already invested in the previous rounds? Or you will send the link to all the people in the waiting list?

From your previous email, I understood that the investors will get priority, which makes sense as we will get diluted.

From your previous email:
“As one of our investors, you’ll have early private access to the round. It’s the last chance to get in before global domination.”

Thanks

We’ll send the link to everyone on the waitlist.

In case there is very high demand, we’ll allow for overfunding. The goal is to make sure everyone from the Freetrade community (both investors and waitlist members) can invest! That’s the reason we’ll do an early closed phase for the excellent people who have already put their trust in us and come on board!

3 Likes

You’ve see circa 4x on your investment since the last round, so I for one would disagree that it makes sense for prior Crowdfunding investors to get any special treatment. Share dilution is part & parcel of early investing, but a smaller share of a bigger pie will always trump a bigger share of a smaller pie.

Spot on :ok_hand:

2 Likes

So the earlier investors don’t have pre-emption rights?

My opinion is that I don’t think this should be the case when it comes to Crowdfunding.

Whether or not they do in actuality is another matter that only FreeTrade can answer.

We’ve used the model Crowdcube structure in previous rounds, where investors have either A or B shares. Both classes of shares are the same except B shares do not have voting or pre-emption rights. You get A shares by investing more (different threshold depending on the round).

In this round, pre-emption rights are irrelevant as all existing investors have the opportunity to invest pro-rata, or more or less if they want.

In the future, we plan to still give all existing shareholders a chance to participate in future funding rounds. You could compare this to Monzo, who only offered B shares (ie no pre-emption rights), but still offered the small crowdfunding investors like me a chance to participate in their last round along with institutional investors.

4 Likes

We thought we’d share the rewards in advance. :money_mouth_face:

Any thoughts?

6 Likes

Did someone say launch party?

4 Likes

I’m liking the rewards. Free alpha for life for £5,000 looks nice … now where did I put that spare 5k? :wink:

1 Like

So roughly when is the fundraiser happening? just so I can get my fiancé’s sorted.

1 Like

Question. £1,000+ jump the queue. What if my Crowdcube email is different to the email I signed up to Freetrade with? How will you know it’s me in order to let me jump the queue?

:laughing:

We expect to start the early, closed phase within weeks. We’ll update this thread and send an email before it starts.

1 Like

Haha yes those fiancés are quite demanding :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

5 Likes

We’ll verify the emails of the £1,000+ investors, i.e. literally email them to see which address should be bumped up.

Come on, you are probably top 5 with that number.