Freetrade’s CrowdCube Fundraise

Good guess!

In the interest of transparency, the £125k and £175k pledges were from the same investor that upped their pledge during the campaign, who also subsequently reduced to £60k during the cool off period. This of course was good news for a lot of other investors who then got to participate in the round thanks to Crowdcube swapping them in.

This won’t be the last opportunity for our community to invest in Freetrade, but we have no timelines to share yet on when the next chance may be.

6 Likes

Any clues on method of investing? Still crowdcube?

Hi Adam. Does this still stand from the Investor Deck? i.e. any future crowdfunding will take place only after any Series A funding.

1 Like

We wouldn’t do a Series A without inviting our community to participate. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves :wink:

5 Likes

A bit like Monzo did? Where they left a portion of the fundraiser for the community.

3 Likes
3 Likes

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Crowdcube payment collection

Yes, similarly!

1 Like

Hi @Viktor, I can see the pitch says overfunding, does that mean still users can invest in freetrade on crowdcube? But when I click on the pitch I don’t see anything to invest, it just disappears.

Viktor seems to be on holiday at the moment so I will attempt to respond.

Unfortunately, the funding has concluded and all (or at least most) of the payments have been already collected.

Your best bet would be to either expect the next round (which, given the amount yielded, may not be very soon) or the IPO.

Thanks @Vlad, I have invested enough and very happy about it, my question was why the status of pitch changed from “Collecting Payments” to “OverFunding” and also normally we don’t see the pitch when we browse “Investment Opportunities” if the funding is closed but I can still see FreeTrade with the status of Last day.

1 Like

Oh, now I see what you meant, just noticed I can cancel my subscription despite it being processed and debited already. :thinking:

Maybe @HannahCrowdcube could help?

The status is still “Collecting Payments”, so it might have been something technical related to the Crowdcube platform. :bug:

The Crowdcube team is hard at work processing payments right now, and we are looking to close the process in the next few days. More communications on that coming soon!

If your payment has not been processed yet, there should be an email from Crowdcube in your inbox with instructions.

(It’s a general “you”, @ss2302 seems sorted :+1: )

A question. Are those who invested this round and previous classified as Angel investors!

Is this for your LinkedIn profile? :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

:sunglasses: more for impressing the ladies …

(p.s. don’t tell the wife!)

2 Likes

@anon2636484 has a point, might stick it in my LinkedIn :sunglasses:

Would do the same with Monzo but got the impression Monzo didn’t really need my money and just wanted to include the community, plus think they already had their angel investment before round 1.

1 Like

Have you checked Freetrade’s LinkedIn page says… ‘See all 22 employees on LinkedIn →’

People have beat you to it. They are showing as ‘Investor’ :smile:

4 Likes

I’m late! I best get a wiggle on. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@stephen Let us know if adding ‘Investor’ fills your LinkedIn with startup pitches.

3 Likes