Crowdcube requiring you to select your investor type

Anyone else had to tick this box when they log into crowdcube?

I’m not really sure why they’re asking me to agree that I will not invest more than 10% of my worth in specific assets. What are the implications if I do, do i lose some sort of rights for breaching this?

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 22.14.29.png

The irony is i actually probably qualify for the “Self-Certified Sophisticated Investor”, which is one of the other options. I only have two crowdcube investments and the second one probably took me over my 10% limit :smile:

As far as I know its something they are required to do by regulators.

It’s a yearly thing. You’ll have to do this every year from now on.

They have to be seen to act responsibly (even though rational sense says that plenty of people will be self-certifying regardless of how much over 10% they have invested).

I don’t think it’s the case that you’ll lose any rights being over the 10%, but if Crowdcube didn’t warn you not to go over 10% they could be in trouble for acting irresponsibly.

1 Like

I can see that it’s a regulatory requirement, in this case it just seems like pointless box ticking if it doesn’t mean anything and no-one is held accountable. Done it now anyway :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Makes you stop and think for a second… Plus if you put in much more than 10% and get into difficulty because your investments do poorly, that’s your problem and you can’t really lay blame on crowdcube because you’ve ticked a box

I wouldn’t expect crowdcube to take the blame if i didn’t tick the box though. Seems like a silly exercise in bureaucracy just so companies can cover for themselves, where I’m sure the original intention was to make investors take more care.