[Crowdfunding 🔨] Moneybox

I take that back - their CAC is “well below £20” in last year, per Crowdcube discussion thread.

V v good. IIRC I once saw a Financial Times article saying Nutmeg’s CAC is around £200

Don’t scare us after investing :wink:

What’s the limit on the round?

I could have sworn I signed up for this but not got an email. I’ve probably missed out now, but maybe I’m being saved from myself as I’m already hugely invested in fintech already. *shakes fist at Freetrade and their latest round*

theyre not saying but i’d guess £8-10m

Can somebody who invested share their thoughts, please? Their product seems to be just one of the features that all the neobanks will be offering right around the corner.

Does the value added by the this app really merits to be a separate app not bundled into a banking offer?

I think they are a great example of how you can implement even the simplest features but get it right with your customers. They have a great attention to detail in understanding who their customers are and how they would like them to use the app. For example they have different ways to add money for different savers, different level of risk for different investors. They even curate a marketplace for how and what you might want to spend on and earn benefits. They provide the relevant education around different financial products in a way that is easy to understand. I just feel how they bring it together is really clever. The features they create can be copied for sure but how to put it all together as a product is not so simple I think. They were very tight lipped on the kind of new products they will be introducing but I think they will continue doing well.

8 Likes

https://www.crowdfeed.net/post/moneybox-crowdfunding-round-2020-due-diligence

Good overview - would have liked a comparison with Plum who recently raised at a pre-money valuation of around ~£30m with nearly twice as many users.

13 Likes

They have a start on the banks though and would be a possible acqusition for some in the future to ge a foothold in this new way for the younger generation to invest. And they have they customer base already with I think nealry 1/2 million customer. As any example look at what the big compaines like, apple,facebook and google do.They will buy the next big thing that is possible distruption to them, such as instagram, whatsapp etc…

1 Like

Signed up for a small investment in it.
Defo targeting the younger audience for contact purchases. I envisage a rise in this type of spending even after out of Covid restrictions as it is a simple exercise. The older generation is also taking to this method of purchasing.

Will be interested to see if the hype matches the reality. The valuation is large and they claim 400k users and rising…

They’re now closing it at 7m or 12pm tomorrow. Currently at 6.93m, so likely the former.

1 Like

It was closed last night, hit the 7 mill mark already.

1 Like

Seems a lot of people are not happy they missed out on the crowdcube moneybox discussion area.

Really unsure why - it was well advertised, open for a reasonable chunk of time and it was clearly explained close date or 7 mill whichever hits first - you have to invest ASAP in those circumstances - time or monitoring the raise target isn’t your friend in those circumstances.

Can’t please them all :slight_smile: Even if it closed another extra day - people will still complain. Anyway what happened with Freetrade with people cancelling/dropping out during cooling off perido might happen to them.

Yep. Suspect a lot of them are new to crowdcube looking at the questions - fair play, there can be a learning curve, and the speed popular campaigns open and close at, is extreme compared to most campaigns.

Moneybox shareholder update was impressive. I wouldn’t be surprised if they raise a huge round next from some top VC’s.

4 Likes

What update?

If you are an investor look for an email with subject

Your name, here’s our Q4 shareholder update :chart_with_upwards_trend:

no update for me either…