Crowdfunding round eight, Wed 14 Sep 2022 🎈

Because of the communications. I am not going to rehash the thing again here. As I said it is about integrity and the whole middleman thing.

It is a separate point and not relevant to the the integrity point that

Also a separate point and not relevant to the integrity issue your point, if true, just means that R7 investors can write-off their investment.

1 Like

I don’t think we were ever told the actual situation with the R7 fees as people just kept quiet and never answered the concerns. We were clearly told there was no fees going forward but then different from CC, not that it matters as it seems we paid at a massive peak. It does seem like it was a major mistake investing and going to be probably my biggest loss in investing.

4 Likes

On the plus side I think many of us may be able to claim we bought the most expensive pair of pink socks in history :rofl:

8 Likes

I understood most of the CLN investment and how it’s going to proceed.

What i don’t understand is this bit:

"Investors in the first loan note will receive Series B preference shares (or Series C preference shares if they convert as a result of a Series C funding round).

Investors in the second note will receive Series A preference shares."

Are the CC investors (R8) in the second loan note or first?
Didn’t get this.

Is Series A preference shares the same as Series A investment round? If yes, it’s a significant change in share price. Does anyone know this and can explain it to a regular folk :joy:

PS: Can someone update the spreadsheet with Freetrade share price for R7 and R8 here: Freetrade Share Price - Google Sheets
Just for sake of tracking. It will make clearer what we have lost on R7…

ARR was probably even lower until the new premium tier launched and rising interest rates began to help. Interest from securities lending could provide a big proportion of FT’s income going forward.

1 Like

Regarding carry, we did update on this last time:

We’ll provide an update on how this would work for R8 when we have it.

2 Likes

That’s of course if you got your socks

4 Likes

Sam at the time many of us found that ambiguous. There were several people who asked similar questions because many of us did not (and still do not) understand what was meant by “involved”. The comment made was

So naturally questions arose including is Crowdcube involved in a IPO of Freetrade shares? Additionally Crowdcube itself said something different see Crowdfunding round seven, Wed 24th Nov 2021 🎉 - #634 by bitflip. You can see from the upshot of this that people were completely unclear about Crowdcube’s “involvement” (if any) in their future R7 related transactions as Freetrade shareholders hold their shares directly.

I really don’t want to continue this here, nor do I expect any answers on this thread, because I think that it moves the discussion away from the Crowdfund round eight.

4 Likes

I don’t think it does TBH as the whole lack of clarity last round will affect peoples trust in what is said this time around. As you say there were questions to that vague statement that have never been responded to.

I want to average down this round but not sure I am throwing good money after bad as what has been used to promote this round, which sounded great, has been mentioned for the last and not sure I believe it will be implemented anytime “soon”.

1 Like

My general belief is that “averaging down” in isolation is bad practice. If we are losing money on 5 shares bought at £X, we are still losing that money when we buy 10 more shares when the share price becomes Y where (X>Y). The averaged numbers are an illusion.

I would invest at a lower share price not to average down but because I believe in the company at the new Y. X is kind of irrelevant. X might be market froth. Y might be realistic. I have to ask myself questions such as “how has the company done? Can the company execute? Do I trust the senior management? What is the competition like? Can I find a better home for my investment?”

5 Likes

Good point. Unfortunately, at least to my mind, the answers are: poorly, no, no, better, and yes – which is why I’ve sat out the past few and will give this round a miss too.

2 Likes

I can see this round being a damp squib. Crowdfunding exercises should be as simple as possible. The sort of instrument on offer here is way beyond the wit of a standard investor and should be left to institutions imo.

9 Likes

I will be absolute astonished if the share price is not around the £20 when Freetrade IPO in 2024/25

8 Likes

You know, I feel like someone on here has said something like that before…

3 Likes

D’you know I think you’re right.

3 Likes

A ‘standard’ investor shouldn’t be anywhere near a crowd funded company to start with.

1 Like

This is what the link tells me when I am trying to register: ‘Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.’

Am I doing anything wrong?

The clue is the addressing note

“Tomorrow we’re announcing our annual crowdfunding campaign”

And if they are should be fully acceptant of what it is, one massive gamble!

2 Likes

Particularly if CLN = No EIS.