Cryptocurrencies

Perhaps Microstrategy are looking to buy it…

I feel further dumps are coming.

3 Likes

Problem with any new tech is it goes through waves of adoption with the first always being led by unsavoury actors. The US government launched a campaign to try and stop electricity gaining adoption as it was mainly utilised by criminals at the time… Crypto has a tough few years ahead though

2 Likes

Never particularly liked Binance’s interface anyway.

1 Like

I think its just futures trading they have to stop.

3 Likes

Binance: We are aware of recent reports about an FCA UK notice in relation to Binance Markets Limited (BML). BML is a separate legal entity and does not offer any products or services via the http://Binance.com website.

3 Likes

:thinking: Seems pretty clear the warning is also about Binance.com :joy: I think the damage/confidence is lost now. It is like Tesco getting a warning for Tesco.com and saying but the shops are fine :stuck_out_tongue: Other supermarkets may be dodgy :joy:

It also issued a consumer warning about Binance.com, advising people to be wary of adverts promising high returns on cryptoasset investments.

1 Like
2 Likes

cRyPtO iS uSEd fOr CrIMe

4 Likes

Good to keep up with the latest headlines :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes
2 Likes

Can’t be true Binance said it WON’T affect other services :joy:

Faster Payments is still available (at least for me) @ £1.50 cost.

Well if RBS/Natwest wanna nanny me they’ll lose my custom.

Natwest are limiting the deposits you can make.

Not watched the video… but can’t you just convert any fiat on the platform to crypto then send it to your wallet elsewhere?

I don’t know, and he said he didn’t know.

Personally, I steer clear of crypto, but I thought others would find it interesting.

1 Like

Binance said that services shouldn’t be affected and yet they have taken down GBP deposits and withdrawals. The wording of the notices seems to suggest that only advertising of crypto derivatives should be affected and not vanilla crypto trading so it’s weird. I was still able to top up in euros though through my UK account.

If you watch the video, Sasha says that the actual document from the regulators expressly forbid Binance and any of the associated companies within the group from carrying out any regulated activities in the UK, effective from tomorrow. That includes ones that they actually previously had permission to do.

Binance’s loss will be Coinbase and Crypto.com gain as people will start to use the latter twos platform

1 Like