Darktrace - DARK - Share Chat

Hoping we can break the £10 barrier and hold it!

1 Like

Nobody can tell you, my prediction is that it will meet resistance at £10, will drop a bit and slowly recover, that’s what happened on the last cycle and I see no reason why it won’t be different this time, there has been lots of new interest in the last few weeks ans so many will have set automatic sell orders at £10 (because we’re simple animals and like round numbers) so if I was going to advise you - which I’m not and this is theoretical, I would sell just before £10 and re buy in the following dip, …. Having said that I said the same last time round and didn’t sell, I did buy the dip though.

3 Likes

Every time I try to time the market by thinking i’m selling at the top, I end up losing. Buy the dips instead!

Thanks for your advice

I’ve taken around 30% out which is roughly the profit from the current rise. My thinking is it it keeps rising still got loads still in and making money and can always buy more. Or if it drops I’ve already made money and can use the profit to buy more.
It all depends if you want to make smaller gains when they happen or wait for long term gains and ignore the drops.

Anyone know what the deal is with this stock collapsing in the very last minute each day?

A few times now it’s been up at 4.29pm and then by 4.31 when the markets close it drops 5-10% to below the level it started the day at.

1 Like

Think it’s just a glitch if you Google darktrace share price it will come up with the right price. I have seen it with others as well.

Just as I typed that it’s back up to the right price.

Looks like it’s following a similar path too last month will it drop down to low 800 high 700 then repeat or hold around the mid to high 800. I sold out at 970 not a bad profit of £120.

1 Like

I determined not to sell as I did last time because it’s one I want to stick with in the long term.

However, after the price shot up, I sold the lot. Biding my time, I bought in again when the price plummeted.

Promising myself I won’t do the same thing again next time, I know I probably will.

3 Likes

I was thinking the same but tempting to take the profit while it was at its peak. Be interesting if the drop continues will buy back at low 800.

1 Like

The general seesawing is making me dizzy but as long it heads in the right direction (up), then I guess I’ll try and enjoy the ride.

2 Likes

Yeah I dived in last night when it was low - nice to see it going back up again :smiley:

2 Likes

Did similar got in just high 800 doesnt look like it will drop further. Hopefully it hits 10 and keeps rising rather than repeat the up and down.

Well it’s been yo-yo’ing all over the place - but yeah the trend is up so long term it would appear to be good but as we all know, anything can happen.

I bailed again tonight and made a bit. Hoping it will do its usual dip tomorrow and then I’ll throw some change on it and see what happens.

1 Like

Looks like the drop isn’t happening staying stable around 900-950 hopefully it stays going up.

Yeah - I bailed with a profit but think I might get back in if it looks like it will keep this up. I’m half expecting it to do its usual Friday fall though.

I’m sitting at nice profit of 500 at the minute but expecting this to be a 4x stock atleast in the next 2 year so gonna keep buying and holding for the foreseeable

2 Likes

Aye - from stuff I’ve been reading this could be a fun one to be involved in. I’m thinking of throwing more cash behind this.

1 Like

I’d to make this a large portion of my portfolio by end of next February

1 Like