Darktrace - DARK - Share Chat

the board should be pushing back unless it is an amazing offer, there is plenty future growth left in cybersecurity

2 Likes

From todays times the article finishes by saying adding dt to its stable of cybersecurity assets would provide thoma bravo with plenty of opportunity to strip out costs,an opportunity that won’t go unnoticed by larger rivals.

The penultimate paragraph in https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/darktrace-sees-bright-light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel-kwgbg3qpp says

Yet Darktrace is a less mature business, posting faster recent revenue growth but with a shorter proven record. The downturn in tech valuations in the face of sharply rising inflation could also prove an additional justification for a less meaty takeover premium.

This is the issue here for both present share holders as well as prospective buyers. They (the buyers) have to be willing to inject a lot of money in the company. From a pure tech perspective much of what Darktrace does is done by others anyway. So the reason for other companies (I don’t mean vc’s etc) to buy Darktrace is very little to do with technology and a lot more to so with its standing customers. For Thoma it is not quite so - it can build up Darktrace (and even make it successful) as it has the money to do so.

1 Like

“We are under no pressure financially to dispose of the company to any outside party.”

Could be a negotiation position.

2 Likes

Further to the announcement made earlier today by Thoma Bravo that it does not intend to make an offer for the Company, the Board of Darktrace confirms that discussions with Thoma Bravo have terminated.

2 Likes

Final results

1 Like

The results look pretty good and in the long run not being taken over may be a good thing for share holders but I would expect the price to lower today on the no take over news.

4 Likes

So the share price has returned to pre takeover news levels not really a surprise I suppose but one would hope that the positive results and bright outlook will be reflected in the share price in the weeks and months ahead

2 Likes

Good news that there was interest and just solidifies Darktrace as a long term hold for me. Might actually top up today with the drop.

1 Like

You must be smiling today :). It is very interesting where the price has dropped too and the most it rose to before. It should make people think. With the falling pound there might be some more bids but as I said before these will be ‘customer-acqui’ centred not technology driven.

2 Likes

Interview with Poppy Gustafsson in this is money in mail on sunday.

From sharecast looks positive.

4 Likes

Disappointed to be sitting in the red with this one. Hopefully some green in C23

1 Like

it’s a relative new player so for me it’s a long term HODL!

positive broker update via sharecast

1 Like

Daktrace has been listed as overvauled and liable to a major correction by a shortseller http://qcmfundlanding.wpenginepowered.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/QCM-Darktrace-Report-1.pdf