Deliveroo - ROO - Share Chat

Been out of this name for a while, but looking at the charts there is no support.
Forecasts show earnings won’t be break even until around 2024 and that’s with forecasted revenues over 3bn. Makes you question how profitable this market is in the UK. Uber Eats seems to be running the show. Meanwhile, in the US Doordash jumped 30% after hours earlier in the week post earnings. I think Brits are just more frugal

Well there was a Pandemic - But TBH I don’t really know how this Stock will play out

We don’t have the take out culture they have in the US.

1 Like

Culture. Wealth. The USA is a much richer country - with a much greater average disposal income.

1 Like

And one of the least healthy ones. We should be happy if takeout does not become as omnipresent as in the US. Societal costs would be incredibly high.

1 Like

TBH - I did always wanted the US Portion Size when it come to takeout

2 Likes

The supermarket delivery tie ups in the UK seem to be a key part of the strategy outside of just takeaways. Interested to see how these partnerships work!

1 Like

A strong set of result posted today by Deliveroo:
Revenues up 57% to £1,824 million, primarily due to the increase in GTV*
● Cash and cash equivalents of £1,291 million at 31 December 2021 vs £379 million at 31 December 2020
● Gross transaction value* up 70%
● Gross profit* up 43% to £497 million;
● Adjusted EBITDA* was a loss of £(131) million compared to £(11) million in 2020

https://ir.design-portfolio.co.uk/viewer/28/24509

1 Like

@troguk Copy pasting large parts of text from elsewhere is often a violation of copyright and bad form.

Putting in a link is good. If you thought something was particularly noteworthy e.g. ‘Profit up 23%’ or you are adding insight 'this beat analyst expectations by 50% ’ add that as an incentive to click on your link.

1 Like

Sorry about that, thought i was keeping it brief taking the financial highlights only. Will edit down the original post.

2 Likes

Are we able to vote in the AGM even though we have nominee shares?

Freetrade do not support voting on corporate actions at the moment.

Thanks for your prompt response :+1:

1 Like

It says these are on “conditional trading” currently and may take 3 days to settle.

What does that mean.

Sure I understand what “may take 3 days to settle” means, but what is conditional trading.

DELIVEROO LAUNCHES NEW ADVERTISING PLATFORM
Roll-out of new platform strengthens Deliveroo’s existing advertising revenue stream
Deliveroo aims to reach an adjusted EBITDA margin (as % of GTV) of 4%+ by 2026, with further upside potential beyond 2026

2 Likes

I bought these at nearly £4 per share. Gamble did not pay off. 80p a share seems harsh

Seems fair - what was your justification it would improve at £4?

What does deliveroo offer as a USP? that no-one else can offer, that disripts the market?

You bought at probably the highest point (lemmie guess, mid lockdown), and you thought that might last?

I don’t think much has fundamentally changed since I posted this in June 21.

I bought pre float and think it was 3.85 a share. I just thought they might do well. My bad

Once October kicks in I would expect companies like this to take a big hit as people cut back over the winter months

1 Like