Warner Bros Discovery Inc 🎬- WBD

This company operates a set of famous TV channels, including the Discovery Channel and Eurosport.

Update, 13th April 2021

Warner Bros has completed its $43bn merger with Discover, creating the new media giant Warner Bros Discovery. The new entity has HBO, CNN and Discovery under its wings, including shows like Harry Potter and Game of Thrones.

This is my best performing stock by some way. I have 1 share and it was a freebie for referring someone. Thanks Freetrade!!

1 Like

Do it like they do on the Discovery Channel

3 Likes

What’s going to happen post meger?

Looking at that, Nothing.

DISCK will change to WBD.
its the AT&T (NYSE:T) that are getting bounced about and current owners of AT&T will get 0.24 of WBD stock per 1 T.

Longer term : realignment of the two’ services… cross promotion. streaming libraries being restricted to their own to bolster themselves for the forthcoming ‘streaming wars’ (which was similar the food war which resulted in Taco Bell (or Pizza hut in Europe) being the only remaining restaurant).

So what happens if you hold Discovery shares on Freetrade?

hello?

There was a message from FT ok the app to say shares will get merged to the new stock.

Warner Bros and Discovery have now merged and trading as WBD. Is it possible to add this to Freetrade? Thanks

Also, any news from the Freetrade team as to when AT&T shareholders will be able to trade their WBD shares?

4 Likes

Hi all

The $43bn merger between Warner Bros and Discovery is complete, and $WBD is now on your app.

Now, what are we watching first? :popcorn:

2 Likes

Do it like do on the discovery channel :see_no_evil: :musical_note:

2 Likes

If we didn’t have that in our heads then, we do now…

Surely the theme tune at NASDAQ HQ today :man_dancing:

2 Likes

You mean you don’t think about the blood hound gang on a daily basis … I though it was everyone???

2 Likes

Weekly, maybe :grinning:

3 Likes

When can we expect our shares to land in our portfolios?

2 Likes

Landed few minutes ago for me

3 Likes

Well CNN+ Didn’t last long.

1 Like

A nice potential for WBD

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-11/warner-bros-discovery-in-talks-with-amazon-for-new-hbo-max-deal?sref=ExbtjcSG

A miss on earnings and the share price is down 11% after hours.

1 Like