Diversified Energy Company Plc - DEC - Share chat

I believe div hedge their gas price anyway so a reduction in wholesale gas price should not have such a big effect on the share price.

You are correct but I think it influences it more than it should, likewise I think the ā€˜poor lookingā€™ income statement due to IFRS rules can hurt the company sometimes.

Great thanks for the info guys.

Oh well at least I bought them cheap and the dividend is great.

If i invest now do i still qualify for the dividend?

Ex-div date is 2nd March:

Seems new share issuance is on the cards.

Looks to have already been completed at 105p per share.

Have picked up a small amount this weekā€¦ :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Another 44 million scheduled for 27 after GM.

The remaining 44,231,722 shares (the ā€œConditional Sharesā€) are subject to shareholder approval at a General Meeting expected to be held on or around 27 February 2023.

2 Likes

Is that good or bad? Will It not make share price go even lower?

It will make the share price lower but with dividend plays thatā€™s not always a bad thing. It means another chance to load up if you want any moreā€¦ providing the dividend isnā€™t affected.

4 Likes

Hopefully it isnā€™t affected but actually knows half the time all depends on free cash flow is doing? Itā€™s not been a bad year for oil and gas so I would think itā€™s ok :roll_eyes::man_facepalming:t3::thinking::joy:

3 Likes

Has anyone received their dividend yet?

Good point, no i have not, but judging from the share price reaction today iā€™d say plenty of other platforms have.

1 Like

Not got mine either, last time it was paid on the day. Will get paid out tomorrow Iā€™d imagine.

Not got mine either yet, but as others have said, I have on other platforms so must be on the way.

Ex dividend date for DEC is 25th May '23 according to Yahoo Finance.
(21st of March was Earnings date).

That is the next quarterly dividend the last one was payable on 28th March.

1 Like

Still no dividend here.

Hopefully it will arrive before the end of today.

1 Like

Freetrade normally pay arpund 4ish in my experince

Freetrade aim to pay the dividend within 5 days. So could be waiting awhileā€¦

1 Like