[Feature Request 🔧] Dividend Activity

As a new investor, I’m starting to receive some much appreciated dividends! However, I find the activity feed complicated, long and tiresome to scroll through when I wish to see the culmination of received dividends.

Does FreeTrade have plans to expand this area further for those interested in building a more dividend focussed portfolio? ie. monthly / yearly dividend records and stats? A simple implementation could be a filter within the activity feed to show all ‘Dividends’, or all ‘Top-ups’ individually. Further more, a section within the app dedicated to Dividend growth, stats and announcements from individual stocks would be welcome.

If this has already been discussed, please feel free to merge the thread.

I haven’t seen anything specific to dividend activity, but the planned data export function should help.

Yep! Dividends will be included in the full transactions list, could easily be filtered to dividends only in a spreadsheet. If there’s considerable demand for just dividends as their separate report we’ll consider adding that too.

14 Likes

Yeah be nice to have a Dividend Menu itself with Total stats etc.

3 Likes

Hi all,

I’m not sure if this belongs here or if I should post as a separate topic but would it be possible to add the TICKER to the dividend investment income email? I have some similarly named ETFs and usually have to search the ISIN number to confirm the ticker.

Cheers
Ben

1 Like

I think the divided summary should be included in the holdings screen, so you can see in the same place how much you paid for a share and how many dividends have been received.

2 Likes

An ‘estimated dividend yield’ based on current value of your holding would be really great. Granted it would have to be clearly stated as an estimate to avoid disappointment if it changed.

Total dividends earned would be amazing like they have on m1 finance

3 Likes

having either dividend info in the activity feed (as it technically classes as income) along with buy/sell and deposits etc makes sense. Otherwise having more areas within the app showing divi returns or key dividend dates would be really useful. Dividend Max usually has everything otherwise

On the activities section if user has many transactions it makes it hard to find particular types ie dividends maybe have a filter or tab where user can selects types of activities ie buy sell dividend

1 Like

Again, search before you post.

Dividend calendar , a section where user can see a Calendar with dates if a user holds a stock with a dividend payment date show the stock ticker or logo within that date … maybe with logo clickable to show dividend yield and ex dividend date

3 Likes

Please search before posting. Chances are that someone’s had the same idea.

1 Like

As a new member I’ve just received my first dividend payment. I was amazed to see that it did not tell me who it was from! Would it be too much trouble to add the company name in the info provided?

It does tell you though. In app and in the email :thinking:

1 Like

Only by ISIN not by name

It does, just not in the details part.

Email

You’ve received a Dividend of £0.17 in your General Investment Account (GIA) for UK Dividend :tada:

Details:

Investment income type Dividend
ISIN IE00B0M63060
Ex date 11/03/2021
Record date 12/03/2021
Payment date 24/03/2021
Shares held on ex date 3
Amount per share £0.0578
Tax withheld (0%) £0
Total dividend £0.17

No info on name there, or on activity stream. Using the app.

UK Dividend is the ETF name…

2 Likes

Fair enough. Thank you