Dividends in Activity feed šŸ’ø

Mine wonā€™t be as I have private investments so Iā€™m keeping them in a spreadsheet.

The current Freetrade system is somewhat functional, but not adequate and Iā€™m looking forward to it improving! Hopefully quickly!

I have a feeling (and it is my pure speculation so donā€™t take it very seriously) that FT are relatively understaffed at the moment, given the initiatives that are due to be delivered.

Looking at the Careers page, plenty of vacancies there - hopefully will get filled soon. Progress does feel slow, I think people are waiting for a big initiative to roll out and all the buzz to start again.

On the other hand, FT is only live for 1 year so maybe we are all being a bit too demanding. Not sure what to think, trying to be patient.

2 Likes

Love it! Honestly - Youā€™re making a beautiful product.

This is wildly off topic, but weā€™re going to need a better shorthand, FT is the Financial Times :smile:

3T is way better :wink:

@anon810895 We now live in a world where FT is Freetrade. The financial times doesnā€™t even get a look in

2 Likes

They own ft.com they even brand there stuff as FT. FT is quite simply not appropriate for Freetrade not to mention would confuse brands and customers.

2 Likes

Your opinion of FT doesnā€™t change the fact that in the U.K. itā€™s the Financial Times not Freetrade.

Weā€™d be silly as a community to use ft for Freetrade

Good thing Iā€™m not in the UK so :joy::joy::joy:

FT largely targets the beginner amateur investor. I doubt many of them read the financial times let alone refer to it as FT. Instead of just saying no to FT why donā€™t you come up with one yourself and see if it gets traction?

Is FT trademarked by the Financial Times?

Even if it is, Freetrade (the company) have never referred to them as FT, so all is good.

Also, I would like to add that this is probably the first time Financial Times were referenced in the community so I think if we continue using FT for Freetrade there should be no confusion :innocent:

Yes, it is.

2 Likes

3T ???.. maybe

Why not just use the discourse functionality of the logo i.e. :freetrade:?

Itā€™s : freetrade : without the spaces and will come up just by typing :

3 Likes

Itā€™s like everyone has forgotten how the WWF always used to get confused with the WWF, until one of them changed their initialism to WWE.

Unfortuntely, itā€™s the simple truth that anyone reading a message board heavily geared to finance will automatically think that FT = Financial Times, because theyā€™ve had decades of associating themselves with that. Trying to use it for Freetrade instead will only cause confusion.

3 Likes

Who put you in charge? Telling people to ā€˜stop moaningā€™ and ā€˜get over itā€™, isnā€™t likely to convince them, buddy.

FT for Financial Times is a very well known and established acronym in both the finance and investing sector and in the general newspaper environment. As others have already mentioned, for plenty of people they see FT and will automatically read it as Financial Times - not to mention thatā€™s is trademarked and an established brand.

3 Likes

Well why donā€™t you come up with one instead of just saying no? As I said previously FT is being used by the forum and not Freetrade itself so this copyright for the financial times isnā€™t making much sense. Itā€™s not like Freetrade are going out using it on their publications

Edit: I get the point of the FT and WWF/E but rather than saying no why donā€™t you come up with one. FT is just easy at this moment. How about FTR? Certainly better than FRT :joy:

Itā€™s not a copyright issue. FT is a trademark of the Financial Times. Your argument that itā€™s FT here so get over it will change eventually assuming Freetrade is successful.

We could just say ā€˜Freetradeā€™ :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Valid point with success. I would want Freetrade to have their own out and out shorthand version as well. Seeing as success is around the cornerā€¦be good if someone can come up with a viable alternative. People will still type FT from time to time until another one is suggested :man_shrugging:

1 Like

How about Ft, Freetrade is not spelt FreeTrade (FT)

1 Like