Dozens App

DYOR and it helps to read first (thread is full of knowledge), comment later.

1 Like

Their homepage itself says “The bonds are not FCA regulated products, and FSCS protection does not cover the bonds themselves. blah blah blah and to help build your trust in us we will place all of your money to be invested plus the full 12-months interest, in a separate trustee-controlled account on your behalf”

If it was as safe as can be then they shouldn’t have trouble getting FSCS protection rather than “don’t worry mate, we’ll keep your money over here and promise not to touch it when we’re at risk of defaulting on creditors”. The people saying they wouldn’t keep large amounts in Revolut definitely shouldn’t be touching this given it’s a much smaller company in comparison

Does it makes sense for Freetrade to with 50,000 customers?

Besides, dozens is entering a much more competitive challenger- and incumbent- industry than Monzo, Starling & Revolut enjoyed in their earlier days. So for that reason they can’t necessarily rely on organic growth or not differentiate themselves to get their name there. They’re playing catch-up at present and marketing helps.

With all due respect @ukcz, your last post is drivel that’s been addressed multiple times & as I’m not here to convince I’ll just leave it at that with you.

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3CPKXWnuE4/

Highest bid was £50,000, although it was unsuccessful, that’s still someone placing 50k in the Dozens account for the bidding period.

It is utterly fucking ridiculous that someone saw the ÂŁ100,000 total issuance, and thought they could bag ÂŁ50,000 of it. When the original beta issuance of ÂŁ100,000 was held early in the year, before anyone had heard of them, the biggest winning bid was ÂŁ20,000.

I will bid a larger (but still modest amount) October’s £1M issuance, a portion of which will be reserved for Dozens shareholders, which I am not.

1 Like

1 Like

When something looks too good to be true

But if it’s even true, why are all these new fintechs with small userbases not exploring organic growth by offering a product so good it’s like Monzo in early days. Aggressive advertising and promotion at early stages is a bit of a red flag. If Dozens was a 5% savings account company it would make sense - but this is a customer acquisition cost, so how sticky is the user base going to be? The London Underground is full of Wealthify, Dozens, Anna, Tide ads.

Maybe one or two of them will eventually escape the competition.

2 Likes

Dozens thematic investing is live now but the ÂŁ1,000 minimum comes across as strange.

2 Likes

Strange language throughout. Description of the “spread” not exactly novice friendly - I suspect they meant “transaction cost” but it’s unclear.

“Strategy” really irks me.

But anything to get people investing. So, good on 'em. £1000 barrier is a bit steep though and most of those ETFs (sorry, “strategies” ) could easily be available on Freetrade.

2 Likes

The entire strategy list:

IE00BZCQB185 iShares MSCI India UCITS ETF USD Acc
IE00B1XNHC34 iShares Global Clean Energy UCITS ETF USD
IE00BMP3HN93 UBS ETF - MSCI United Kingdom IMI Socially Responsible
IE00BYVJRP78 iShares MSCI EM SRI UCITS ETF USD (Acc)
IE00B4ND3602 iShares Physical Gold ETC
IE00BQWJFQ70 SPDR Morningstar Multi-Asset Global Infrastructure UCITS ETF
IE00B27YCN58 iShares MSCI World Islamic UCITS ETF USD
IE00BYZK4552 iShares Automation & Robotics UCITS ETF USD (Acc)
IE00BYPLS672 L&G Cyber Security UCITS ETF

2 Likes

I think that they really should have included a plain FTSE 100 and S&P500 ETF in their list.

2 Likes

Completely agree

They’d need a suitable “strategy” name though!

“General mixed bag”
“Big stuff”

Just don’t sound good do they?

Isn’t it Wombat that dresses up a FTSE100 tracker a something like “Best of British” or “Follower of Fashion” or something equally stupid?

2 Likes

I can’t really think of anyone who will be investing thousands of pounds and won’t want to look further than a two word “strategy” title. This would make more sense if the minimum was £10

The fund industry is full of long confusing names:

Source - https://www.fidelity.co.uk/fund-prices/

Fees from assets under management is the name of the game.

Bids for the second batch of bonds closed today. Total issuance of ÂŁ1,000,000 - with ÂŁ250,000 reserved for their shareholders. Big pot this time, but with a longer bidding period.

My bid for £2,000 was accepted, I’m not a shareholder. One shareholder had a bid of £4,800 accepted, so I may have significantly underbid.

https://weare.dozens.com/t/the-dozens-bonds-are-back/1180/107

I suspected that I may have underbid after seeing their founder’s latest video, published a few days ago, which suggests that at that point the £1M issuance was still not completely filled. Dozens has 20,000 users now, surprised they’re not all bidding on what is really their flagship product right now.

That £4800 bond was me! :rofl: I just thought I’d give it a go and see as it was a bumper month offering

3 Likes

It was mainly due to lots of customers missed out on last bidding when ÂŁ800 was the highest bid accepted (ÂŁ900 for one case which was submitted on day1). So in this round investors were very cautious including me so for safer side,I submitted low amount of bid despite the fact, I could have gone for more. But it is better to have something than to be sorry :wink:

Late reply, but it’s because the product(s) is(are) shit. They’re all the same, offering nothing new, and are destined to collapse, or the lucky fw get bought.

2 Likes

I’ve taken all my money out of Dozens. Decided to put my long term savings in Freetrade and short term savings are just staying in my Monzo account. I don’t think the hassle of bidding every month is worth the few extra pennies of interest I would earn.

6 Likes

Likewise
 and I’m a shareholder in Dozens. I’m not a huge fan of the UI, either.

1 Like