Dozens App

Either they think Iā€™m younger than I am or they wanted to point out iā€™ll die alone surrounded by cats. Iā€™ll pretend they mean the first one :grin:

2 Likes

Cat_au_van

ā€¦and a nickname is born?

2 Likes

Dozens will be crowdfunding on Seedrs soon.

In other news I got my invite code, I wasnā€™t expecting it so soon as I was position 2000+. Waiting on the card now.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a nice unboxing experience :grin:

2 Likes

Newbies to Seedrs, register with my referral link :blue_heart::

https://twitter.com/wearedozens/status/1098337752398082048?s=21

1 Like

https://twitter.com/txmmylowe/status/1098234084986417153

Got mine yesterday, as @Rat_au_van said they put a lot of love into the pack that you receive :slight_smile:

Canā€™t say Iā€™m enamoured with the app UX though as it stands, I find it a little overcomplicated after being on Monzo for so long, lots of potential though!

3 Likes

Yeah same here, way too much going on in the app. I know theyā€™re listening to feedback so maybe theyā€™ll review it.

Nicely done, Seedrs keep reminding me about sharing my referral link but for the life of me I forgot when I shared this.

4 Likes

Theyre sending me another card without the ā€˜Missā€™ on it :grin:

2 Likes

I thought the same as well initially, but I think what theyā€™ve done is easy to get used to, and ultimately if you want features and functionality, you canā€™t be stuck in an ultra-minamalist interface.

1 Like

Yeah you have a point, and thatā€™s where the likes of @Freetrade_Team_Design really get to shine! I really need to spend some more time getting to grips with it, is the ā€˜investā€™ tab just a dummy page for everyone else at the moment?

Seems like a information only page to me

1 Like

They initially had the investment details in but an update an hour later removed it. Looked interesting

2 Likes

Card arrived just in time to make the bond bidding process cut :crossed_fingers::

Have to say on first impressions I agree (thereā€™s a lot of scrolling to do to find certain sections, etc) but Iā€™m going to use it fully for expenditure for at least a month and reserve proper judgement until then. Promising for sure!

3 Likes

I got the card today, itā€™s well presented. Fintechs are good at first impressions, incumbents can probably learn something here. Parking the overall presentation aside, for some reason my address on the envelope has lots of commas, and says GBR before my post code.

Anyway looking at their bonds, I find it strange how you have to bid for bonds and keep your money locked for the bid period, which is like a week. The bidding process is a bit rough around the edges, for example when you try to bid for a bond it doesnā€™t always show the bid section. Then the bond application is a few screens too many, and you donā€™t find out that the bonds can only be funded by Dozen savings until the last screen, at which point you have swipe back through all the screens, then transfer, and repeat the application.

5 Likes

How are they getting such high rates on these bonds? Is it P2P?

1 Like

Good thing is they welcome and are responsive to feedback from early adopters.
For example, donā€™t know if anyone else noticed but there is a card activation notification spelling error where ā€œYouā€ should be ā€œYourā€ to read as ā€˜your dozens card is ready for actionā€™. Reported and got a quick response so you should probs report that too:

1 Like

At least some, possibly all of it is marketing budget. 5% of 7m is only Ā£350,000. They set that aside to guarantee their ā€œsaveā€ customers the advertised return.

In the ā€œinvestā€ side of the app (which carries standard investment risks) they will offer ā€œemerging marketā€ bonds. They ā€œpurchase high interest bonds at larger amounts and create new smaller, more accessible bonds, with their own NEX listing and security. In this way [they] give you access to absolute-return seeking investment opportunities usually only available to those with Ā£1m+ā€.

I remember reading at one point (and things might be different now, or I could be mis-remembering) that they could use this kind of bond in the background to earn more than 5%, pass 5% on to customers of a 5% ā€œguaranteedā€ bond, and keep anything above the 5%, if the bond did really well. And maybe eat the loss if the bond under-performed.

3 Likes

Are your savings safe in one of these bonds?

Yes, the money is put away in a trust in your name, and it can only be used to pay you back. If Dozens goes bankrupt, their creditors canā€™t take your money.

1 Like