Dozens App

(Alex Sherwood) #82

Interesting to see the two directors who’re presumably backing Dozens listed here:

https://dozens.com/nex/

They both work for the Hong Kong based STI Group which -

STI Financial Group is an investment group that provides bespoke capital solutions spanning across the entire capital structure tailored to various business objectives and specific requirements. We focus primarily on the fragmented middle market companies in Asia. We also manage several open and close end funds with systematic, alpha driven trading and investment strategies. STI Asset Management Limited under the group is licensed to carry out Type 1 (Dealing in Securities), Type 4 (Advising on Securities) and Type 9 (Asset Management) regulated activities under Hong Kong’s Securities and Futures Ordinance.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/cyruswen/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/clement-tung-1b994b53/

Together they have 63.38% of the Dozens voting rights.

This is a good thing right?

25M for institutional investors and 20M for the crowd now (punchy but welcome development):

I would argue that risk started on day one when I sold 65% of an idea for $5m more than a year ago - with no team, no product, no users (instant effective valuation of $8m). Should I have worried about a down round at that point, effectively risking the wiping out of the equity for my colleagues and me? Or were we better off accepting the challenge, working our socks off and ensuring the next round was bigger and larger than our projections? Think this one is now blowing in the wind.

(Alex Sherwood) #85

Big decision!

am happy to drop the pre-money valuation to £20m .

Given the institutional interest secured already at £25m, hope you understand the dilutive impact and therefore seriousness of this decision.

Crowdfunding opens tomorrow at 11am for those that have pre registered :eyes:

Anyone going to invest? What’s your reasoning for doing so or not?

I will. It’s a very foolish thing to do, to invest in a startup. But I’ll put in a very small amount I don’t care about, just for fun.

Yeah I’ll put in a small-ish sum

Quite like the app, AC seems great & interesting concept with the savings bonds

(Dave Smith) #90

It may be foolish, or it might just be the least foolish thing you ever do! :smiley:

Even if you make millions off it, it still would have been foolish. You’ll just be happy about your stupid decision :wink:

Does anyone know if this raise will qualify for EIS?

According to the official rules Dozens may not qualify as more than 20% their trade includes “banking, insurance, debt or financing services“, see the “Qualifying trades” section on Gov.uk

(Matthew) #94

Looks interesting, but as with any ecf investment, the devil will be in the pitch details…

What they say, how they say it, what they don’t say, and what they try to avoid in the Q&A’s.

I’ll now keep an eye open for this when it appears on Seedr.

Cheers
Matt

(Emma) #95

Really sorry, It’s the Daily Mail

dozens commented on this, but I’m sure you already know this:

(Emma) #97

No I didn’t. Thanks for the link

Maybe this is that unpredictable random occasion that pays off :wink:
:crossed_fingers:

(Emma) #99

Actually, maybe you can answer this

Our 5% fixed interest bonds are not invested into any companies or other investment products, but are a super safe product Dozens has manufactured and offers solely for the purpose of rewarding small savers.

I thought they were bonds but dozens had put an equal amount that each customer invests into a ringfenced account + the 5% interest. If there’s no investment, why is it called a bond?

Just got through the application. How long does it take to get to the front of the line? I have about 4K people in front of me … :frowning:

See this in a wider context. Some people spend money on smoking or overpriced designer handbags. Maybe that makes you feel better when investing in a startup – :laughing: