Dozens App

Disappointing to see @adam post this. Bit of a cheap shot imho to draw that link from one seemingly well intentioned fintech to another.

6 Likes

The way itā€™s done looks like a cheap shot against a potential competitor, and Iā€™m very sceptical of dozens so if I see it that way :woman_shrugging:
Iā€™d love to read a longer discussion of his concerns instead though

4 Likes

To what I said previously please allow me to add: Iā€™m giving the benefit of doubt. Until I get to see the paperwork Iā€™m both holding on to my money and giving the benefit of doubt. After reading it I shall decide what to do. Meanwhileā€¦ itā€™s a sun shining Saturday

Edit: if no paperwork is produced the decision has been produced

4 Likes

Iā€™m always a little bit wary of these type of companies which advertise a headline interest rate which attracts the man of the street who doesnā€™t understand that their life savings would be at risk with the 5% fixed bond.

Also consider that theyā€™ve advertised a lot to get where they are, but Iā€™m no expert on them.

Itā€™s a good point! :sunny:

2 Likes

Happy birthday Raul :partying_face:

5 Likes

Canā€™t believe over Ā£3m has been committed with no pitch deck, financials, etc. Disappointing that Seedrs alows this.

Reminds me of the saying when your taxi driver is talking about stocks you should sell.

1 Like

Ā£2.5 million of that is from existing investors who probably have seen the pitch deck, and had conversations with the team.

From what I recall external documents like pitch decks are not verified by the platforms, although I agree itā€™s dodgy to not provide the documents at the start of the round.

5 Likes

Interesting. Itā€™s a little shady when they donā€™t make it obvious that institutional investors make up the bulk of the raise.

Someone invested 1.5m and another 1mā€¦ did they say who they are?

1 Like

I agree that they should make the major investors clear, @Freetrade_Team1 shared some information on who the current investors are, and their voting rights earlier on in this thread. Guessing itā€™s the same people?

2 Likes

Personal view: beware of anyone telling you that they have financial engineered a new security that pays 5% interest with no risk.

Reminds me a bit of the CFD and spread betting crowd claiming their products as being the same as share ownership.

Essentially, they are going to pay you 5% interest out of their own pocket as a marketing / client acquisition cost. Presumably financed by crowdfunding investors as they are not lending out or investing the funds to earn a higher interest rate.

I donā€™t think this is being presented transparently, rather, it is being presented as an introduction to investing and bonds more generally.

I donā€™t think itā€™s good for new investors to think there is a way to earn 5% interest on a bond with no risk.

23 Likes

I respect your view but this part isnā€™t accurate. Dozens Savings is prefunded by VC money.

Their Terms & Conditions are worth a read, but the layman never really bothers tbf.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s just the first issue, presumably it is not the last.

The Seedrs page says the existing funding is a convertible note with an interest rate of 10%.

4 Likes

Is it the interest rate or the dilutive element that would be an issue? Hereā€™s what AC says on itā€¦

Personally, 10% of $3m dollars per year didnā€™t strike me as affordable when I first evaluated this and Iā€™m assuming it will be converted as soon as the next raise if not before.

By ā€œissueā€ I meant ā€œbond issueā€.

A convertible note is completely normal way of raising early financing, the most famous example perhaps being the note Peter Thiel gave to Facebook. As with that example though, there can be some relatively complex terms included.

On your question about dilution, Iā€™d expect that the valuation and corresponding per share price of the round is calculated on a fully-diluted basis (ie assuming the note converts and any employee stock options are exercised). I know thatā€™s the standard on Crowdcube, not sure about Seedrs tbh.

4 Likes

Theyā€™ll have 7m of issues, and I believe it is all prefunded and announced before the crowdfunding.

Anyway, all their regulatory filings and full details are up at their website, so thereā€™s really no need for you to make accusations and assumptions.

Dozens shared this on their forum

You can now also request the ā€œPitch Deckā€ on Seedrs.

2 Likes

I have heard that if you invest in Dozens they will/might give you an early access code? Can anyone confirm this?

Iā€™m sure I saw a post where they said they wouldnā€™t. However I canā€™t find it now.

1 Like

I found only vague statements on preferred access to bonds and a fancy card but not sure if that includes those codes. I am still places 4600 :frowning:

Found it for you.

2 Likes