[🛑 IPO] Dream

The point still stands, and it’s an interesting one! :+1:

There is a new accounting rule that makes Alphabet disclose the fair value for its private stock holdings in earnings reports, starting this year. I recall this value was over $10 billion in the previous report - I haven’t looked at the latest one yet.

5 Likes

@saf
FT was redacted, wanting a subscription, but I can’t see it being too different to the views here Saudi Aramco’s $2 Trillion Zombie IPO https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-07/saudi-aramco-s-2-trillion-zombie-ipo

If it happens, I want in, but finding a broker that can offer it might be difficult.

Regards

Vik

[Sent via an iDevice]

1 Like
  1. FreeTrade, 2. Tandem - Invested 50% of my savings in to these 2 companies :slight_smile: Tandem not doing that great at the moment.
4 Likes

Tandem topped 100,000 users in 5 months:

https://tandem.co.uk/blog/2018-so-far/

Things are looking up, guess we’ll know more later this year.

1 Like

CapitalG has invested in AirBNB, Stripe, Robinhood, Lyft, Snap, Cloudflare, and a whole load of other popular startups.

They already reached 250k customers and planning to launch mortgage product soon, I think!

2 Likes

Doing better than Starling then. Maybe my £30 isn’t lost!

ヽ(⌐■_■)ノ♪♬

1 Like

I really hope so, also they gave a chance to invest recently (only for existing investees) as the value of shares reduced massively.

1 Like

Couldn’t give a poopsie about any of these unicorn startups. All I want is @freetrade_team to take it to the moon.

6 Likes

Nicely said :wink:

3 Likes

@ss2302 while we all want Freetrade to do brilliantly, 50% of your savings in it and Tandem is quite concentrated. Remember what uncle Toby says Diversification: why it matters - diversification is the only free lunch in investing

3 Likes

If only that article came out before the crowdfunding round :grin:

I guess the way to fix the situation is invest a lot via Freetrade in other things :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like the ethos of concentrate to accumulate capital and diversify to protect it. It all depends on the age, time horizon and financial position of the individual.

5 Likes

And I don’t just mean this:

giphy

2 Likes

yes indeed - I might be guilty of seeing it through the lens of my own age, risk appetite etc.

4 Likes

You might find this interesting :wink:

2 Likes

Uber is pressing pause on its self-driving trucks too Why Uber put the brakes on its self-driving trucks | MIT Technology Review

1 Like

Yikes - much as I like the Freetrade concept that’s a bold strategy. Mind you I was big in RBS in 2008… :face_vomiting:

I switched my credit card to tandem and get 0.5% cash back on purchases. No problems with them so far. Wish I could make repayments in the app though.

1 Like