Drip? (automatically reinvesting dividends)

(Dave Smith) #1

Will you have dividend reinvestment option straight away? for long term investors that is a major advantage.

(Dave Smith) #3

That doesn’t really clarify if there’s a automatic option, Curently I have dividends automatically reinvested when they reach a certain level. Also with the option for fractional shares dividend reinvestment could potentially happen even before divis add up to the price of a share

I think there won’t be auto reinvestment of dividends to start with. It’ll probably come later. To be honest I would prefer IFTTT or Zapier integration first as it can open up more possibilities, including auto reinvestment.

(Viktor) #6

We’d like this, too. :wink:

In the MVP we have now, you get your dividends as cash (obviously, no fees or deductions from us). I think @rob can share more about future plans in relation to DRIP.

(Rob Sexton) #7

Automatic dividend reinvestment is definitely on our roadmap - with fractional shares it offers a great way to easily keep growing your investment. We’ve spoken elsewhere about some of the features we’re working on, including autopilot for your investments, and this sits within that project.

As @Viktor says, currently you just get the cash and it is up to you to reinvest, but hopefully we can change that in the near future!