Drip (automatically reinvesting dividends)

Until auto-reinvestment is available, in the meantime, you could always just manually purchase the same stocks when your dividends are paid, at no extra cost.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: SCRIPS

So does the dividend cash just sit idly on your account? Seems like Drip needs to be added to the app as soon as you can. It’s now May so wondering where you are with adding the Activity feed for dividends, and how soon you see Drip being added.

Yes, until you reinvest it :wink: you’ll get a notification when you receive the payment so you know it’s there.

Dividend feed items are ‘next up’ on the roadmap.

We’re really keen to add DRIP but we’re still a relatively small team & we’re focusing on some of the other ‘must haves’ for now. We’ll add them to the roadmap as soon as they’re on the way.

3 Likes

Great! Thanks for your prompt response. You’re working hard.

1 Like

We’ll share more details about any pricing when we get closer to launching Drip. It’s not on the roadmap yet.

3 Likes

Hey mate… never used IFTTT or Zapier… what would an integration with FT look like/do?

I suppose something along the lines of what Monzo done. The big advantage of IFTT and Zapier is it more accessible for people who don’t code. It’ll also mean the community can create interesting actions, for example like every time you order a Pizza you invest in XYZ…

3 Likes

How did I not know about this? Man I could lose some days in creating some outlandish if statements!

2 Likes

Any updates on DRIP?

^ I second this.

1 Like

Post fractionals this would be top class. Very much like what M1 Finance have in the US

1 Like

Exactly what i am thinking, M1 finance seems to be really reliable for US

1 Like

M1 finance is awesome

1 Like

I really like the look of M1 too

With DRIP, I would like any dividends received from a stock to automatically invest that back into shares of that stock.

E.g. If I receive £0.53 of dividends from Coke, I want those funds to auto use all of that money to buy Coke shares (requires fractional shares). I’m not sure if this feature will be included.

That’s what drip does.

1 Like

Oh right, thought you’d just have to select one security and it all goes into that. Nice

This should also make it easier to see which investments are performing well. At the moment stocks that pay dividends don’t look as good in my portfolio, obviously because there’s no automatic way to show the real return (growth + dividends).

1 Like

M1 have a cooler way of doing it (imo).

You set desired weights of each part of your protfolio and M1 automatically invests dividends (and deposits iirc) to keep everything at those weights.

11 Likes

This is a way better method, because you maybe want to invest in a different stock than the one that payed you.