EIS forms - R4

EIS forms take anywhere from 3 moths to 2 years to arrive. Donā€™t stress, and constantly asking about them doesnā€™t expedite things. HMRC will process them when they process them.

Am I missing something here?

I still only seem to be able to download my share certificate.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up - first time Iā€™ve seen a digital EIS cert!

Seedrs have done them digitally for a few years but I havenā€™t had a digital one from Crowdcube yet.

Actual EIS forms, in PDF format on Crowdcube.

1 Like

Where can you find them? Went into the app but cannot find them anywhere

Just downloaded the app to have a look, itā€™s not visible there.

Go to your portfolio on the website

1 Like

Btw you donā€™t need an EIS form to submit your tax returnā€¦ itā€™s only if HMRC ask for it.

1 Like

You do need the reference number from the form, so while you donā€™t send the form in with a self assessment, you need to have received it.

I am PAYE but also do a self-assessment each year because of quite a few EIS/SEIS investments, and some loss reliefs. If you just have one, and want your tax code adjusted, send in the form. If you have many and want a refund, you do self-assessment where you give the relevant details but donā€™t actually send in the forms.

1 Like

So if you have PAYE and self assessment, is it fine if you tick the ā€œPAYEā€ box in the form and send it through? Do you need to do anything else in your self assessment if you do that?

Iā€™m afraid I donā€™t know if you do both, i.e. if you send in the form do you then ignore it on the self-assessment. I would imagine yes, since you only fill it in if you are claiming it, and if youā€™ve already claimed it by sending in the form, you donā€™t mention it again? If you then put it into the self-assessment youā€™d be claiming it twice, which could be seen as tax fraud. Thatā€™s just a sensible thought, though, I canā€™t offer a definitive answer.

1 Like

Is EIS form from round 4 already available?

1 Like

Interestingā€¦ I didnā€™t. I have already received my tax rebate for both R4 and R5, offsetting against 18/19 tax year.

How is that possible? Do you claim via self assessment?

Yes by self assessment

Edit: EIS allows you to carry back 1 year. So once I offset it against last yearā€™s return - hmrc paid me within 5 days.

1 Like

You might want to look into that. Yes, theyā€™ve paid the rebate because they probably only do spot checks, but if they have no record of you submitting the reference number it might invalidate the EIS, so when Freetrade makes you a million they might argue you have to pay capital gains tax.

You can simply post it to HMRC on its own and they will process it against your PAYE.

HM Revenue and Customs
BX9 1BX

2 Likes

When you say this do you mean thereā€™s no extra information needed that isnā€™t already on the Crowdcube automatically fielded out EIS form?

Can EIS be passed on?

I havenā€™t filled in the form but sold my round 4 shares a couple of days ago. Can the person who bought my shares use that EIS or is it only the original buyer?