EIS forms - R4

Thanks , really helpful.

How long did it take your tax refund to come through? I sent my forms off a week ago, just seeing how long it will be.

The last time I sent a EIS form, using the previous financial year, it took just over a month from the day they received my form on the post (07-Nov according to their form tracking in the gov.uk page) to the day I received the BACS transfer (12-Dec when I got it one day earlier in my Monzo account)

2 Likes

Took me about 3 weeks to get a letter about the change in my tax code

This time of year its very busy for HMRC. Theyve had mine since November. They said to expect a response by 11 December. Today is 16 january. :roll_eyes:

I submitted a few claims across September, October and November last year and got the refund in one go just before Christmas.

Awesome, thanks everyone. Seems like it could be anywhere from 1 - 3 months. Hoping to get it before end of the financial year.

Turns out that when I called HMRC, they gave me the wrong address :tired_face: They gave me the ‘EIS Worthing’ address, which is for Enforcement & Insolvency Services.

Mine always takes about a week but I do it online and usually not at a busy time.

I guess you do self-assessment. For PAYE we need to send the form by post.

1 Like

That’s frustrating, but kind of hilarious :joy:. Hope you get it sorted in the end!

I sent my form off about two weeks ago and have a calendar reminder to check if it’s been processed, after a month.

Hi All,

How you maintain the companies list that you invested in crowdfunding and EIS forms and dates , does any one have templates ?

If you have any template , could you please kindly share with us ?

Thanks.

Hi all,

From what I understand I need to claim the EIS from June 2019’s crowdfund before the end of this tax year or I lose it, and I’ve never done this before so any help would be appreciated!

I am a PAYE, so I’m guessing I only need to fill in the “Claims to EIS Tax relief” box, my NI number and the declaration box?

If yes to all of that, then which box(es) do I tick and which boxes do I fill in? And where do I send it to?

I also need to do the same form for May 2020’s crowdfund, so do I just fill in the same details? Although I’m guessing the dates might be different.

1 Like

You have up to 5 years to claim. And you need to hold for a minimum of 3 years

Edit: If you claim today and then sell before the third anniversary of the holding period you’ll need to give it back to the tax collector

1 Like

Thanks, didn’t realise I had 5 years to claim, that takes some pressure off :smile: although I’d still rather claim sooner rather than later. No use sitting on free money that I can’t put to work.

I still need to figure out how to fill in the form correctly though…

2 Likes

Does anyone know if you get confirmation if the EIS request has been received and processed by the HRMC?

You can see it in the forms section of the HMRC website or app… But you need to have registered for an online account with them first

1 Like

So my understanding is as a PAYE user the steps for me would be:

1. Fill in page 3 of the EIS form related to income tax relief
  2. Tick “I wish relief to be allowed in my PAYE Coding”
  3. Enter Amount and Tax Year under which I’m claiming
  4. Sign and post it to “PAYE and Self Assessment”

Can I continue with this method if I have already had my PAYE coding adjusted through WFH tax relief?
Or do I tick “I have already claimed tax relief for the relevant year” and then wait for the tax return?

Just a thank you to @Raul for providing the links and the other information in this thread as it helped me claim EIS relief as a PAYE for the tax year before the last one (something I really struggled to find any information about - most info seems to be about self employed for the tax year the EIS was applicable to).

@Jonny I can now confirm that I did not receive any information at any point from HMRC, just a ‘fat cheque’ in the post yesterday :smile: (I.e. a few months later). Not ideal if things go wrong though - maybe try to contact them if you haven’t received anything after 4-5 months.

2 Likes