[ENTIRE US MARKET OPEN 🇺🇸✅] 1st February 2021: Expect disruptions to US buy/sell orders today - what we’re doing to keep everything running

Amazing work Freetrade team :+1:

9 Likes

Great work guys, got me extra thanks to the share dip :gem::raised_hands:

3 Likes

Anyone noticed the community has calmed down almost instantly after enabling all the US stocks? :laughing:

Thank you to the Freetrade team for all the effort and hours they’ve put in to make this happen

19 Likes

Amazing stuff.

Rapid product iteration to manage restraints on trade imposed by third party, and fantastic comms throughout from a team who advocate openness and honesty above all else is really reflective of the values of the company and integrity of leadership.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Freetrade team, you are the best!

16 Likes

Unbelievable work to develop your own successful in-house tech solution to the new limitations on your fx volume in the course of a weekend! Well done Freetrade team!

15 Likes

Great outcome @Viktor and @adam and all the team!

3 Likes

Solution is working well all my buy orders sent fine, great work by the team to find a solution so quickly.

The issue is this should never have been an issue or a position they were put in. Absolutely terrible practice by the FX provider to put such a huge limitation on FT’s business at such short notice, and lasting unnecessarily into this week with no logical reasoning. I hope FT find a new FX provider that treats them with respect, it will be a big loss to the shitty FX company that limited them as FT continues to grow into a huge company.

4 Likes

When you consider that on Robinhood you can still only buy 4 and trading212 you can buy 0.5 :joy:

8 Likes

it may be over with GME… but almost guranteed to happen again with something else. probably all the money being made from GME when the mass sellout happens will be used ot even greater effect.

i’m sure the hedge funds will get a few billion loaned out to them to short GME (even more) when it eventually drops -1300% … that is of course if the 8 million new subscribers to WSB don’t all take a punt on GME when they are allowed to buy and pump it up even more…

the real question is will any of these platforms learn and adapt in the future… my guess is no. Especially as many have pointed out how expensive it is to have multiple FX providers etc.

:gem: :open_hands:

24 Likes

To be honest, we should have done a Transfer Deadline Day live stream of the whole thing, right?

21 Likes

I have been waiting the whole day for my bank transfer to be applied :rage::rage::rage:

1 Like

Thank you FT team for all your hard work today and over the weekend! The experience on Etoro today was horrible, this has only solidified my trust in FT!

Keep going and we will keep holding :gem::palms_up_together:

13 Likes

Good work Freetrade. Just hope AMC picks up abit now

2 Likes

Well done. Looking forward to a blog/AMA on this. Very impressive :clap: :clap:

4 Likes

Me too, bet there’s some interesting engineering going on!

Cant buy anything…absolute Joke

Assuming this is still outstanding I would recommend DM Gemma Happe or Megan Betts. I can see them resolving the odd similar issue around the forum.

1 Like

Totally agree

Both my purchases went through after a little delay. Excellent work congratulations to all at FT for your hard work and effort.

2 Likes