Megathread - Crowdfunding

One more hurdle to overcome and the biggest “Human Trials” if they are successful then it’s “Too the Moon”

Small robot company getting updates daily!
Answer questions within 24 hours.
Beginning to think the updates are to often as in they could do with getting on with saving the world from starvation and the planet from an environmental disaster etc.

1 Like

Small robot company
Sending me mad with there constant update.
Mainly because I feel a need to read or watch them because they are worth reading they are actually real updates not meaning less drivel.

Same :laughing:. It will feel very weird once they stop crowdfunding and I will get less comms - who’d gonna fill that void?

1 Like

BUX is raising a CLN as well - they seem to have 16M secured.

3 Likes

A positive update from Different Dog on Seedrs. ÂŁ2M raised externally and a decent increase in valuation. Go doggies!!

1 Like

That’s the Plum raise finished on Crowdcube,dare I say but another over valued company with vague replies in an out like a thief in the night!

:scream::scream: :rofl::rofl: OMG surprise surprise. Do Chris & Julie have no shame? This is absolutely criminal what they are doing to the small investors. They both benefited last year with the share sell off,so basically they pocketed high 6 figures or maybe even 7 figures as they raised ÂŁ2 million. They have absolutely no USP as there are loads of companies selling bamboo toilet roll and in the current economic climate do you honestly think people are thinking about saving the planet, are they **** they are worrying about heating and eating and if I was in such a dire situation I would use a face cloth for you know what?
I URGE ALL INVESTORS TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY THEY ARE LIKE VAMPIRES SUCKING PEOPLE DRY & I do feel sorry for all previous investors who unfortunately are going to lose all their money. TCP will be no more in 6-18 months.

Anyone else invest in Solivus? Seems a decent update although disappointing on the arc. If they can nail that I think things look good. Next round at a premium so showing growth in a tough market although the energy sector is outperforming.

3 Likes

I invested in Solivus and agree that yesterdays update was positive.

Did they say that the next round would be at a premium to the last share price?

2 Likes

So the response I got said they were looking to raise 1 million. New share price is ÂŁ2.86 so 14% growth from ÂŁ2.5; Valuation gone from 23.15m to 29m so a 25% growth. So dilution effect around 9% which is always hard to take but part of crowdfunding.

1 Like

Any thoughts on Stilride or pure electric on cc?

Thanks for share Freetrader

I’m hopeful I’ve managed to pick a winner with Solivus.

Zero product shipped, zero (relevant) business agreements. They lean heavily on the Polestar relationship (it’s in the headline!) but their relationship with Polestar cannot be accurately characterised as having “Polestar as a client” when the sum total of their relationship with Polestar is participation in the Polestar 0 project (see: “Partners”) which anyone can apply to participate in.

The concept looks neat but the fact that they have shipped nothing, and are leaning so heavily on a misrepresentation (I’d go as far as to describe it as a lie) doesn’t look good: an investor needs their investments to have integrity. Faith and hope and ambition and taking a chance are all a part of investing, but who wants to have faith in a company so willing to misrepresent?

There are other parts of the pitch that stand out too, like “we; can manufacture our own electric vehicles through 3rd parties” as if that’s just a distant dream, that maybe someday there’ll be a plan for manufacturing the product they’re pitching. Previously, they claimed to be shipping to customers in Autumn. Well, it’s Autumn 2022 now and you can’t even place an order and they’re hiring someone to “…have the responsibility of the powertrain design…”. The pitch deck describes their mailing list conversion rate of 2,600 sales as ““already-in-the-bag” sales upon roll-out” but they don’t expect to be able to produce 2,000 bikes per year until 2025!

They are 100% concept, and it’s certainly a neat concept, but given they haven’t even demonstrated their technology is capable of going into production, and they don’t even have a manufacturing plan for their product, it seems absurd the way they’re presenting themselves. If you watch the video on the campaign, it’s 100% stock footage except for the shots of some models of bikes (that don’t appear to work) and some shots of metal being folded. They don’t appear to have even a single working bike… and the video is mostly from over 2 years ago. What have they achieved in 2 years?

Classic vaporware; using awards and “partnerships” for credibility because they can’t use their actual product. If they were upfront that the bike is a concept and that their metal-folding technology has never been used and so there is still a big risk that they will never actually ship anything they’d come across as having at least a little integrity, but the way they present it right now is as if they just need to get the funding to start production, which is not true. The entire thing is aspirational.

Also, the misuse of the term “product/market fit” is pretty egregious. You can’t achieve product/market fit… without a product!

Pure Electric is much more compelling: not completely sold on it, but if the choice is between STILRIDE and Pure Electric, Pure Electric is a no-brainer.

3 Likes
7 Likes

It seems like Bux has fiddled the numbers somewhat on the seedrs round, they have large institutional investors listed as crowdfunding investments. By the same logic FTs last crowdfund would have shown $32 million raised

2 Likes

Yes this is quite common and can be misleading somewhat.

But it is also a nice reference to see the level of other institutional funding.

Farewill now raising, keen to hear more from others on this one:

1 Like

I like Farewill but they’ve been around for almost a decade now and they’re still hemorrhaging money, so much so that this is a down-round raising capital at a valuation equivalent to the amount of money they’ve raised! They’ve raised ~£25,000,000 in their life and the current company valuation is ~£25,000,000.

The premise of the business is good but they’ve fallen into the same trap that most of these old service + new technology businesses fall into, that is, they’ve identified that there were inefficiencies in a service business (wills) and they’ve used technology to address those inefficiencies… but they’ve created a money hungry beast in the process and that beast is gobbling up not just the spoils of the efficiency gains, but the investment pounds too.

They’re now expanding into other end-of-life services which raises the question: if they couldn’t make wills profitable with their technology-driven approach, what’s to say they can do that with funerals and probate? Consider that a will is “just” a legal document and so the margins on that are surely much better than you’d expect to find in funerals, likewise, probate is a much more complex process. I’d also consider that we’ve just been through an unprecedented health crisis that has sky-rocketed mortality rates, end-of-life planning has been brought to the forefront of the minds of Farewill’s prospective customers, what does it say about Farewill’s long-term prospects if they’re scrabbling around for crowdfunding scraps in this economy?

Farewill offers a great product and they’re the company I’d go to for a will or probate, but I can’t imagine ever saying the same about them as an investment proposition.

8 Likes

Anyone adding to there small robot company shares? Its the only one i am bothering with. Decided i will add to this one only. Its the one i think will make it. Hopefully big time.

1 Like