Equity Crowdfunding: Megathread

I can’t for the life of me understand what people buy grated cauliflower for £2 a packet which is non recyclable,not to mention with a 18 month shelf life,I bought a packet to try and it was disgusting mush. I can buy a fresh cauliflower for £1 and keep it in my fridge for 5-7 days,I can grate it if I choose and freeze it if I choose. This company will return zilch to its shareholders.

6 Likes

I see you at the exit party then Brian :rofl::rofl::rofl: or should it be :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

2 Likes

1st off I agree it is crap they drop investors when a bigger cheque comes along :+1: and totally agree I HATE these funky, healthy wellness products that are plastered with “be good” type advertising who then go and put veggies in a plastic wrapper. IT IS INSANE!! yet half these purchasers will be the first complaining about the environment and how OTHER people should fix it :man_facepalming: :joy:

At the end of the day most of these companies know it is stupid to use packaging like this but in reality they want to make money NOW but will try and and improve later :+1:

Anyone interested in Penfold’s upcoming crowd round? Penfold is crowdfunding! - Penfold Goes live this week apparently. Not sure what the valuation will be. Their seed 2 years ago was £8m valuation

2 Likes

City mapper is crowd funding, anyone any thoughts?

1 Like

It will be a feeding frenzy. So many users will invest but I do worry about how they can scale their monetisation.

2 Likes

Great @crebbo !! I have the same doubts regarding Crowdcube success fee in our case. Please share the findings! :wink:

I suspect each round will be tackled individually as ultimately any return will be calculated by round. So you wouldn’t pay the success fee for early rounds but would on any new one from now.

Judging by my current back and forth they have no idea

2 Likes