Megathread - Crowdfunding

Why can you only invest in one of them, if you don’t mind my asking?

@deathwaltz limited resources :wink: and I don’t want to spread it too thin.

1 Like

i can tell you why, becoz i’m sort of out of cash, so I’m still thinking hahah

investor on that as well, not sure about the valuation though

Personally, whenever i’m stuck between two great investments, i’ll split it two ways and go for both. As a great man once said “ diversification is the only free lunch in investing”.

3 Likes

Does anyone have some thought on Recycling Technologies’ IPO?
My bet is they might do 10% raise on a valuation of 400mn. And I look forward to their valuation to go beyond unicorn like in few months hopefully

400mn seems very optimistic to me, I am hoping for 150-200mn which i think is also optimistic

1 Like

That quote is attributed to Markowitz … but I have never seen the original source so cannot be certain.

And Markowitz’s theory does not accidentally imply that buying any old two assets == diversification.

Agreed 400mn seems optimistic. Not really sure what to expect, but the lower they go the bigger the dilution - which longer term affects the value you can achieve at a new valuations.

It looks like they already have 30m shares issued, without accounting for share options, which are probably significant too.

Their last raise on Crowdcube was at valuation of £40m in December of 2018. Might not be the greatest crowdfunding return in 3 years, but at least it will become liquid with the opportunity to continue.

May be a ripe time to benefit from the interest in ESG investing though, so may gain some traction following the listing.

FYI - there is a separate discussion on it here (although limited activity so far):

Vote to see it on Freetrade if you haven’t already.

4 Likes

@TickTock Looking at Thisway Global again. Why is the raise dragging on and struggling to get investor interest? Any thoughts?

Hey @Chrislewisuk

This has been due to them prioritising the securing of their C Corp status and being able to issue shares to investors (allows them to convert the note from the previous round and to also offer equity for this round as opposed to another note). They should be wrapping up the raise by early December based on latest update.

Hope that helps.

Their numbers for 2022 already look insane :rocket::pray:t3:

Yes, I got the JamJar email and had a look. When you see the list of who they’ve invested in previously it’s very impressive. Only 1m available though, will need to be quick.

4 Likes

Circa 5000 anyone?

Easy ethical investing looking to grab the millennial market as they gain wealth, who want to have some control, but don’t want to become too involved in their own finances.

2 Likes

How to you rebrand from the nondescript tickr to the equally forgettable Circa5000?

I like the idea but can’t you get ESG funds from other neo brokers - it’s not a big step for someone to offer an enhanced offering?

6 Likes

I agree, but I think their platform might set them apart. It’s much easier and more straightforward than many others I’ve used.

2 Likes

I quite like JamJar as well, these guys know where they put their effort and have done a few good picks in the past.

3 Likes

I invested in them after they did a show and tell at a Seedrs event two years ago. One of the founders has a very good pedigree and is a friend of a friend. However, their velocity has been slow and, I have to say, I agree that the new name isn’t great.

2 Likes

Consider when they started out they’ve not made that much progress. I remember when they were Tickr raising on seedrs. I think they got lazy and slow with their product development. Now they’re playing catch-up which doesn’t give me much confidence in their team. But good luck to those that choose to invest.

4 Likes

What 2022 numbers or just new clients they have talked about?

@Chrislewisuk

Here you are. This is only going to explode further in my view…

1 Like