Megathread - Crowdfunding

You need to do mathS instead :wink: - that’s the proper one

Any sort of number manipulation

1 Like

it seems that Plum and Chip will be the next unicorns…do not know if it is manipulation and if they can justify it, if it ever happens! any thoughts on that please?

I have invested in both Chip and Moneybox,J think Chip is a better offering than Plum but I would like to see MoneyBox acquire Chip as they are very similar. A lot more of these companies are going to collapse as there is not enough customers out there for all of them. MoneyDashboard won’t be the last!

1 Like

I do believe all three Moneybox, Plum and Chip are well positioned for the future…

1 Like

The problem of Chip is that they are making very little revenues (less than £1m).

Thats why no VC have any interest to invest in Chip so far in my opinion

4 Likes

Have no idea on Chip, never invested in them. My bets go with Revolut, Freetrade, Moneybox, Plum, Cityfalcon, Coconut for fintech!

I feel like targeting old people specifically is a bold move. Sure they have loads of money hidden away but are the majority of people in that age bracket ready to use a platform like this? I’m not sure, but I’d want to try and form an opinion on that before investing.

Also I don’t really know enough about care funding to comment fully but personally I’d bet very wary of anything pushing for more healthcare privatisation. That’s just a matter of personal taste though I guess. I’d just rather live in a world with decent healthcare funding and no need for something like this.

Is anyone else here an investor in Me&Em? They’re currently 15X and offering us to sell 50% stake. Just wondering what anyone else is doing? I’m inclined to hold but would appreciate any guidance.

3 Likes

In many cases people are spending local authority funding which they have been granted, the free market makes it more efficient.

My guess would be family members booking the care in most cases. My mum has power of attorney for her mum and while no care is required it would be her arranging it.

Hi Andrew, i invested too and i’ll hold all my shares!
I was in doubt but i think that me+em could be a game winner in the future!
What do you think?

1 Like

ME + EM - Was tempted to hold but I have elected to sell the 50% - have taken a hit on a number of Crowdcube investments so trying to recoup some losses.
Missed an opportunity with Hurree in 2020 to sell the shares back to the founder; have had no updates from the company since

1 Like

Gravitricity have just released an update and are at the moment making nice progress.

There wasn’t enough funding left after the last crowdfund to warrant a sizeable holding for a VC, that will change in the next 6 months they have already confirmed talks are ongoing.

2 Likes

Cowboy bikes kick off their next round next week….curious to see their new pitch deck to understand what’s progressed over two years.

1 Like

I have a bad feeling about cowboy,I almost invested in them,but done lots of DD

1 Like

Cowboy raises $80M to take its e-bike business up a gear – TechCrunch They have actually smashed it

They are only up against Bosch,no problem their then??

Bosch Are quite ugly

Which platform? Is it pre-emption only?