Erroneous linked bank account - can't top up

Hello, since support here takes a really long time and I need to get the money before tax year ends in the UK I wanted to know how to get my money in the account.

When I logged into the app the first time I used my debit card to pay the monthly fee. And it took my credit card as my linked account. I tried the manual transfer copying the details provided and the money still hasnt arrived to my account (over 24hours passed).

What should I do?

Firstly, let me welcome you to the community @RoccoR

Have you emailed money@freetrade.io already with all the details?

The forum isn’t an official support channel for Freetrade but occasionally they may get in touch via this method to resolve things.

1 Like

Thanks @jasejase for the welcome. I did, I have no problem with the waiting time under normal circumstances. But wanted to get the money before tax year ends and the estimated response time might be well over it and yeah that’s on me… But perhaps someone here knew a way of making it work? I though that maybe there was a way of changing the linked bank account (which for some reason is my credit card).

1 Like

I believe the linked account is set as registration / first top-up for AML reasons. Generally a change like this would need support to be involved as they may wish to run checks on source of funds or similar.

Sorry but there isn’t any quicker way.

No, there’s no way for you to change your linked bank account on your own, it has to be done by Freetrade customer service. I wanted to switch bank accounts a while ago and was asked to send in a bank statement to prove ownership of the account that I wanted to switch to.

You might be able to use Google Pay or Apple Pay to get a small amount of money into your account quickly.

I hope that Freetrade have anticipated a surge of deposits at the end of this tax year and the beginning of the new one and have all hands on deck to verify accounts and transactions!