ETFs and Freetrade Plus

The Freetrade Plus webpage indicates that “All Vanguard + iShares + Invesco ETFs” are in the free version of Freetrade.

However, it doesn’t explicitly say anything about ETFs from other providers. Therefore its a bit ambiguous as to whether all ETF from other providers will be restricted to Freetrade Plus or whether they may be distributed between Free and Plus.

Could anyone clarify?

Am interested because this will influence my future ETF suggestions.

I can’t really see any ambivalence here. Other ETFs are in Plus or they’d be mentioned on the free tier.

10 Likes

If its true that Plus is required to access all ETFs from every other provider I think the page should state that for clarity. The way its presented at the moment does not rule out possibility that ETFs from another provider (say SPDR for example) could be split with some in Free and some in Plus.

2 Likes

SPDR aren’t listed in the free tier so aren’t in the free tier.

Not listed? → it’s in plus

Your thinking to add ‘+ all other ETFs’ for completeness?

Yes, my suggestion is they should add “ETFs from other providers” to the Freetrade Plus list if there is a policy that every single ETF from providers other than Vanguard, iShares, and Invesco will only be available via the Plus tier.

This is primarily to remove ambiguity. I still maintain the way it is currently presented is ambiguous - the presentation doesn’t exclude the possibility that some ETFs from another issuer may be in free and some may be in Plus. The statement above would get rid of the ambiguity.

But now you mention it, yes also for completeness. At the moment someone could look at the page and wonder if Freetrade only has ETFs from Vanguard, iShares, and Invesco.

1 Like

The problem is that not all ETFs from other providers are available in Plus.

If worried about that wording then the wording under free is even worse - “All Vanguard + iShares + Invesco ETFs”. Freetrade doesn’t have every single ETF issued by these providers.

In my opinion it would be best to state:
Free: ETFs from Vanguard, iShares, Invesco (get rid of “all”)
Plus: ETFs from other providers

2 Likes

TBF that is a very fair point as they don’t offer ALL as it does imply on the free section :+1: It seems a sensible modification to the description that FT should just clear up or just put “+ many more” on the plus section.

2 Likes

Would the word “Only” suffice?

Other 4 letter words are available.

1 Like

I’m biased, but I prefer the suggestion I made in my previous post!

1 Like